Grettings from chilly Saskatchewan Canada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by whistlerPam, Dec 9, 2011.

1. whistlerPam

whistlerPam Junior Member

Hi all
    I'm trying to get something happenning on my 80 acres of bush and meadow here. It's a bit difficult as I have arthritis and digging holes for trees (or anything else) is a challenge to say the least.

Presently extremely interested in aquaponics as it seems that would be the ideal setup for an older person with mobility issues.

Although it's understood that most of your members will be a long way from here....If anyone is in this neck of the woods looking for a place to park their carcass for a while (tents or whatever though, no buildings on it yet) they are most welcome to do so. It's a really quiet pretty spot about 5 minutes from a resort area and 30 minutes from a town of about 18 000 with chronic difficulty finding people to fill jobs. The summers are pretty nice here. (if often sorta short). A little help digging holes for hazelnuts and such in exchange would be most welcome!

In any case it would be fun to have someone to chat about permaculture stuff with; I am relatively new to the entire concept although bits and bobs of it have been part of my life for some time.

2. Sunny Soleil

Sunny Soleil New Member

Hey friend, I love this. I am new here too in fact this is my second posting..

I see an ever increasing number of people with land and dreams of projects offering some way of sharing whether permanent or temporary in exchange for help. It's so encouraging to see people returning to a new modified version of 'barn raising' where we come together to help each other and learn through that experience and who knows what else emerges. You may find people who are right for 'long term parking' and find a way to share your bounty, their labor, your land whatever.. There are so many creative ways we can do this if we think outside that old box!

I use facebook a lot to connect people, pass on information about such things.. even started a group called 'share the land'... trying to put together people who have land and those who do not and who both long to create some kind of sustainable long term food security..

I too love to chat with folk who share my interests and have been a long time member of many interest groups online as my real purpose emerges.. we have so much to offer each other - all of us.. together we can.

with love and smiles
    sunny x