Google Trends for "Permaculture"

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by greenmachine, Jun 26, 2006.

1. greenmachine

greenmachine Junior Member

Just checked out Google trends for the search phrase permaculture rather interesting. Brisbane is the city with the most searches Melbourne and Sydney rank after Albuquerque. the third most popular region is South Africa after Australia and NewZealand.
    Check it out https://www.google.com/trends?q=permaculture

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
  3. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

All I can say is ..This is fantastic shoppers bying eggs dont call em chooks

only chook type people call em that........

Wonder if that eqates to more Permies wanting mre chooks

Tezza a chook man

4. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

nah, nuthin nu about "chooks", mate... my nanna had chooks ... references to chooks in aussie literature going back to the early 1900s, if not earlier.

wot woz that u jest sed?? no "aussie literature"is NOT an oxymoron!

5. elly

elly Junior Member

I had 'chooks' as a 'kid' in 'brissy'. So did my mum, and so did her mum. Her mum though was from small village in Ireland and god knows what they called them there, henny pennys for all I know. And I come from Brisbane, Brissy, Brisvegas, and its not surprising that we are the biggest searchers for 'permaculture' and 'chook'...its the glorious warm winters and the less hot than Darwin summers, and the undeniable fact (for me at least) that I love the place but am sick of the burbs and permaculture is the only way to make it right.

And to put the record absolutely straight - Aussie Literature (note those capitals) is definitely not an oxymoron. It's been alive even longer than 'chook' :wink:

elly

6. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

guys, the fact that you still feel the need to defend aussie literature really shows how strong the cultural cringe still is. doesn't it? just thought I would point that out...

7. bermuda

bermuda New Member

I loved my chooks when I lived up the coast, I'm hoping to get fenced again soon, so I can get the girls back into action fertilizing and feedin us.lol Di

8. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Anyone read "Illywhacker"? Thats great reading, and it's true blue Aussie. Oh, and "Shindlers List", also written by an Aussie, who, BTW, wrote an even more amazing book (fantastically researched, considering the participants had all died by the early 20th century) called "The Great Shame" about Ireland, the famine, great Irish patriots, and transporting for life, and is a must read for anyone into history. If your people came to Australia from Ireland, Elly, you need to read this book!

Aussie literature is NOT an oxymoron!

9. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Christopher, Yes! Haven't read Illywhacker, but half a dozen other Peter Carey's, (who of course is a New Yorker these days), everything he does is pretty great. Bliss is my favourite. And that other bloke, he's a cracker. What's his name, Keneally? He's written loads of good stuff. I found him in a library in New Mexico when my daughter was just born, and I was a stay at home Dad, and I borrowed everything they had by him, and loved everything. But then, historical fiction is my favouite genre in fiction. It is true that so many great aussie writers have lived in exile though.