Gates donates £6.4m grant to British scientists for GM crops

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Michaelangelica, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

2. cottager

cottager Junior Member

Where did your posting of the movie "I am" go, Michaelangilica? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qpVEH-Bpdes ... it's a bit hard to search on this site (words, I and AM are a bit short, maybe add keyword shadyac? Anyways ...

'cause at 13:35 ... it's the start of how much stuff = happiness.

By 13:45 ... "Bill Gates must be in a state of perpetual bliss"

I'm not so certain that his 6.4 million pound donation to the perpetuation of more is better ... is gonna do it either. Just sayin'.

3. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I Am.

Great movie. I'll never look at yoghurt the same way....

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

I am pissed off at Gates for perpetuating bad science, he should know better.

It is interesting that he donates that money the Monday after I find out about:

Former Monsanto Employee Exposes Fraud

https://readersupportednews.org/new...-focus-former-monsanto-employee-exposes-fraud

5. Michaelangelica

Not sure This is their site:-
    https://iamthedoc.com/

6. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    ....this is the same person who (also) said there were too many people on the planet and then, started 'helping' the vaccination program in Africa, now he's 'helping' GMO's,....
    Not someone I'd invite home for dinner.

7. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I would. But I'd stack the table with the rest of my permie friends and try to get in through the chinks in his armour.....

8. Synergy

Synergy Junior Member

This is not the first time the Gates Foundation ( Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet ) have worked hand in hand with GMO promotion and dare I say dominating sovereignty over seed genetics . Lets assume that most people in the world can understand that GMO domination is not the wonderful "green revolution" they cracked it up to be , what is the motivation to push this agenda?
    In my opinion it is more than ever the time to grow open pollinated, save seed and share it openly and freely to preserve genetics and not support this which can at any time invite catastrophe it is so poorly safeguarded .

9. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

I'm afraid most people are probably somewhat confused about GMO and believe the claims of the GMO companies. I really don't think most people worry about biodiversity in any serious way. :(

Motivation is to look good by donating a bunch of money "to help people" and to make more money.

10. Michaelangelica

Hear here
    There is a useful side to GM (IMHO) crops; but now it is all about money, control and power not philanthropy and feeding the hungry
    Lord Sainsbury does some GM work i tend to like
    I know i will be shot down in flames, but GM does have some uses, but unfortunately these are used as "cover" for more dubious use of the technology