Gardening Australia - Permaculture video for sale

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Michaelangelica, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Gardening Australia - Permaculture

DVD

[​IMG] Enlarged DVD

$19.99
    Buy Now
    Limited Stock - Order Now!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Description

Permaculture is all about finding creative solutions to living a more sustainable life by growing local organic food, reducing energy consumption, recycling our waste and creating habitat for other life around us. Join Josh Byrne as he demonstrates how to create a productive permaculture garden step-by-step in an inspirational guide that will change forever the way you garden.
    Contents Listing
    • Introduction
    • Planning
    • The Vegie Garden
    • Poultry & Fruit Trees
    • Native Garden
    • Constructing A Wetland
    • Drip Irrigation System
    • Grey Water Recycling
    • Trellis
    • Composting
    • Propagating
    • The Story So Far
    • Layered Landscaping
    • Planting A Native Verge
    • Organic Planting
    • Finishing Touches
    • Conclusion
    Special Features
    • English subtitles
    • How to Compost
    • Peter's White Oil Recipe
    • Getting Started
    Rated: E (exempt from classification)
    Duration: 102 mins.
    Released: 2006 PAL Format - Region 4 DVD
    (for use on Australian DVD players)

Click here for World DVD Standards
    https://shop.abc.net.au/browse/prod...mc_id=Shop_ABCRural_Newsletter&WT.mc_ev=click

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Wonder if it is any good....

3. Michaelangelica

Don't know, given their usual introductory standard to everthing they do, it will probably be an excellent intro., but not much else.
    Should I ask for aeview copy ?:)

4. Michaelangelica

Don't know, given their usual introductory standard to everthing they do, it will probably be an excellent intro., but not much else.
    Should I ask for a review copy ?:)

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

My thoughts precisely. They'll probably do a herb spiral and make a compost pile ... and not much else!

6. permaculture.biz

permaculture.biz Junior Member

https://cli.re/RWPlace
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Global
    G'day,

I bought a copy of this video a while back and its definitely introductory and deals with the retrofit of a normal Aussie suburban patch. Josh and his crew do a very nice job of demonstrating how to plan and implement the makeover on a sandy site in Perth somewhere. It is a worthwhile video for those wanting to have something to show of a night at a Intro to PC course or during a PDC to show a set of outcomes that the mainstream suburbanite could develop without too much drama. It is also a great present for the relatives or friends who you are trying to turn on to Permaculture.....

All the best,

Darren

7. Michaelangelica

Thanks Darren:)

Anyone else seen it?
    How would you use it?

8. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

Definitely good for its intended purpose - to act as an intro. If you have friends/acquaintances (and why wouldn't you - if they have been observing yourself?) that are just starting out, this is a good entry-level guide for them. Could also be useful in schools/community groups that are very new to the concept. However, one must always add the disclaimer that this is only an introduction to some of the principles of permaculture (particularly with regards to food production), and the offer of material for a deeper exploration should end any session of where it is viewed.

9. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

I know this may be off topic, but your post got me thinking ecodharmamark... Where does one go to find material for a deeper exploration particularly beyond reading the texts (of great folks like D.Holmgren) and doing a PDC? Or beyond that are we just all pioneers spreading out on disperate paths? Begin rant...

I just feel like there is a lack of cohesion to this movement. Or am I just looking in the wrong places? Perhaps cohesion in itself is counter the principles of Perma-culture? I mean, I halucinate that permaculture is making inroads into popular culture, but maybe that is just because I am scanning for mentions of it, for signs of it. Is it really getting anything done? or is it all piecemeal and insubstantial? I ask this question seriously and not flippantly too. Are we just kidding ourselves?

One of the reasons I ask is because I am actually considering a sort of hybrid perma-culture (which I have always considered a backwards movement) where it is more about me and my family and how we can live most comfortably within certain ethical boundaries - that sometimes align with the principle of permaculture but not always. A sort of permaculture that is not really about the greater good but more about our families personal good. Because I am no longer sure I can fight the good fight if it is all going to amount to nothing. It is making me tired. I love it, but I want to love it the way I imagine it as a mainstream way of life.

end rant.

10. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Geoff Lawton's team appear to be putting out some videos with more meat on the bones.