Fruit & Veggie Swap

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by bduscio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. bduscio

bduscio New Member

:sunny:
    Sustainable Gardening Australia, a not-for-profit, non-government organisation, has kicked off a series of fruit and vegie “swap meets”, an opportunity for the gardeners of Melbourne to meet once a month, share their extra produce with people who will appreciate it, and swap their bounty of broccoli for another grower’s excess of eggplants!

The swap meets are run in conjunction with the Abbotsford Convent Slow Food Markets on the fourth Saturday of each month, with the next coming up on the 27th September. From 9.30am, gardeners from Melbourne and surrounds are invited to bring any edible excess along, be it fruit, vegies, nuts, seedlings or seeds and swap it with others. Not only can gardeners fill their larders in exchange for excess vegies, the SGA Fruit and Vegie Swaps are an exercise in sustainability, waste reduction, and, most importantly, community connectivity.

2. lovingmygarden

lovingmygarden Junior Member

Re: Fruit & Veggie Swap

What a marvelous idea. I wished I lived down there, I`d be there in a flash. :(

3. bduscio

bduscio New Member

Re: Fruit & Veggie Swap

You should start one up! I am a volunteer with Sustainable Gardening Australia with only an idea and some encouragement from SGA. It's amazing how many people come out of the woodworks who want to do the same thing. And it has been fun so far!
    Belinda