Free fuel for your car using h2o!

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by Nickolas, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Nickolas

Nickolas Junior Member

First of all to run a car on hydrogen each car must have a h2o to h o conversion unit, to start off with the conversion unit works by using DC-current to separate the 2 parts hydrogen from the 1 part oxygen using the excess DC-current provided by the car Alternator which is conventionally used to recharge the car battery only but in this case it is also used for the conversion process. To get the car and the conversion process started the conversion unit draws DC-current from the car battery that has been previously charged-up by the car Alternator when the engine was last running. From there the hydrogen is burnt as fuel in the car engine and by using the engine to burn the gas the car is not only getting energy to propel the car but the car engine is also turning the car Alternator which is producing the excess DC -current energy to power the conversion unit. And so by doing it this way you are converting only the amount of fuel that the car needs when the car needs it(I.e. no pressurized gas tank). And so the amount of DC-current energy that went into the conversion unit and the car battery is only a small percentage of the energy you get when you burn the hydrogen gas in the car engine.
    So as you can see the energy you use in the conversion process is a different type of energy than the type of energy you get when you burn the hydrogen in the car engine.

And by doing all of this the only thing the car emits out of the exhaust pipe is water vapor and all the excess oxygen(just like a tree).

When we get a new camera I will upload a video of my dads car that runs on hydrogen by using the conversion unit method.

This whole hydrogen conversion unit thing is not a new idea, it has been around for decades and the only reason it has not been used on a large scale is the fact that it is not profitable(I.e. no money in it) unlike fossil fuels!

p.s. i hope i did not leave anything out, and if i did i will fill in the gaps at a latter date.

2. Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey Junior Member

Did you buy the conversion unit or build it? Where did you get the kit from or how is it constructed?

3. mluthi69

mluthi69 Junior Member

Nikolas,

you're dreaming! Your dad's car is not running on hydrogen. There is this idea spread on the internet that describes a set-up with which an attempt is made to generate hydrogen via electrolysis while the engine runs (via alternator/battery) and that hydrogen is then routed into the air intake of the engine. Many say that this will increase the combustion of petrol and increase mileage. (which may be true to a certain degree).

To tell you the truth - I was very interested in this idea for quite a while and I have done my homework.

However, you are claiming that it's possible to actually run a car on nothing but hydrogen, just using electrolysis! Are you familiar with thermodynamics? You can't create energy!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

It takes more energy to create hydrogen than you get back by burning it. And you're wrong again in saying that it's not done because there is no money in it - there certainly would be. I'd love to sell the first car/truck (patented, of course) that runs on just water. Ha!

To generate electricity, an alternator needs to be driven by something (the engine). When the copper coils are activated via power current generating a strong magnetic field, the rotor is very hard to turn. Then there is the loss of friction, conversion, transport and so forth.

If it was so simple every permie would zoom around on their hydrogen bike, after all we're the clever ones, right?

Pretend not everything is a conspiracy. We are actually in real trouble with our energy needs. I suggest you take a look here for very good info regarding energy: https://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2012/02/the-alternative-energy-matrix/

Safe travels,
    Matt

4. Nickolas

Nickolas Junior Member

my dad made it, he is an Automotive Engineer!

5. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

up our way a friend makes his own units and he has friends who have multiple units, if i can recall i think he said each unit saves between 5&15% of fuel, only reason we don't have one there is no room under bonnet for a unit. the older model cars that are uncluttered seem to be the most suitable.

with all this fear hype about peak oil why doesn't the gov' get honest forget about excise and taxes, kiss the oil co's off and encourage the use of this non pollution fuel? there is a commercial made unit around $200 dunno where but.

some person beating his chest said that the extra power the engine needs to supply would negate any benefit, this turns out to be pure fallacy i went to an engineering site and asked, the amperage these units take from the alternator will not make the engine work harder.

lot of people up here doing it. also one bloke runs his car on around $2 worth of hard wood chip a week, he made his unit out of old gas bottles and has transport dep't approval. sits on teh back of his car just like after the war when they ran vehicles on similar process.

for the DIY person home made units not that difficult, just have to maybe do search and find people doing the same.

len

6. jeremy

jeremy Junior Member

I'd like to see that because I'm not sure whether to believe you or not.

7. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

9. mluthi69

mluthi69 Junior Member

I am not beating my chest, don't shoot the messenger.

please consider this carefully: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternator

Specifically this section: "automatic voltage control device controls the field current to keep output voltage constant. If the output voltage from the stationary armature coils drops due to an increase in demand, more current is fed into the rotating field coils through the voltage regulator (VR). This increases the magnetic field around the field coils which induces a greater voltage in the armature coils. Thus, the output voltage is brought back up to its original value."

Question: have you ever tried to rotate a dynamo (permanent magnet generator)? If you have then you will remember the friction. It takes energy to generate electricity, simple as that.

Also this article from popular mechanics might get you consider that maybe, just maybe I am right...

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/gas-mileage/4271579

Also read this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car

If you want to save fuel in the 5%-50% range try this:
    - properly inflate tyres
    - reduce speed (10km/h less than 100km/h results in a 10% saving)
    - double efficiency? share a ride
    - move closer to work/school

The world really is a scam and there really is no free lunch.

10. mluthi69

mluthi69 Junior Member

yes wood gasifiers do work and have done so for a long time. And what's left of the woodchips is biochar, ready to be buried in your garden (lookup: Terra preta). And you really can't compare this with the perpetual motion idea of running a car on hydrogen produced via electrolysis driven by the on-board alternator while driving.

Wood gasifier: burn fuel obtained from elsewhere
    The h2o idea discussed here: create the energy needed to drive a car while driving that car (sounds bizarre?)

However, very scary. I fear for our remaining forests should we run out of oil. How tempting will it be to go an chop down all trees for fuel and heating?