Free Energy Generator

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by D'Arcy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. D'Arcy

D'Arcy Junior Member

Hello,

Has anyone ever come across this Free Energy Generator? (see: https://free-energy-generator.com)
    Sounds like one of those too good to be true things.
    I would be interested in some independent infos or reviews.

Cheerios
    D'Arcy

2. nate_taylor

nate_taylor Junior Member

Re: Free Energy Generator

Well if they're making any money they certainly aren't spending any on their website design.

3. gbell

gbell Junior Member

These scams have been around for decades. The laws of physics say they can't work, so its not very likely one of them will. So make sure you see it working with your own eyes before you believe it or spend any money!

This is really creepy - if you search google for the company name "Magniwork", you'll find two fake articles/blog posts posing as reviews (with the exact same text). New level of scam!

4. D'Arcy

D'Arcy Junior Member

Of course energy generation based on genuine perpetual motion may not exist - after all, nothing comes from nothing, and all things must have existed and will exist in one form or another.
    But as I read about a similar device from Viktor Schauberger - though based on implosion rather than on magnetism - I didn't want to scrap this right away. And he definitely wasn't a fraud, as all his inventions that he put into action are functioning successfully.
    After all, there are certainly more energies existing than can be comprehended and measured by (physical) science. - I mean, who would understand e.g. how a tree can suck up tons of saps into its leaves - not to mention the intelligence "behind it" that organises the placement of the atoms or molecules to create a sort of self-functioning living body.
    And just as Schauberger stated, that the "Earth's natural power" is contributing to the process, some other undefined principle or energy may play a part in this generator in question.

5. Salkeela

Salkeela Junior Member

The study of botany, with a knowledge of evolution, explains how plants take up water and organise their structures to do so. As I understand it, there is no need to go outside of the laws of physics to explain this.

6. D'Arcy

D'Arcy Junior Member

The growth of plants, as all movements of living beings, are definitely not explained by any laws of physics. As far a living beings go, physics, at best, only can define what is happening, but not really how, while biology may somewhat be able to explain why.
    E.g.: What kind of energy causes a seed to grow into a plant? Are physics able to explain how this is based on a clearly defined succession of purely physical (and/or chemical) reactions?

7. MikeHammer

MikeHammer New Member

Hu? Some magic energy is responsible for transporting water up a tree? Sorry, but every 6th grader in Germany understands and comprehends the principles on a basic physics science level. (I do not know the quality of the education system in your country). It is not very complicated. Maybe the following will raise your level of understanding a bit. I promise I try to keep it fairly simple:

Water travels up the tree through long narrow tubes (sieve cells) lying side by side in layers all along the circumference of the tree trunk. Several "forces" help move the water up the tree. There's a force called "osmosis" that drives the water gradient to be equal between cells so that water flows up into the cells with lower concentrations of water.

Capillary action is also in force in the tree. The sieve cells are so narrow that the water is drawn up into it. You would see this happenning when you touch a paper towel to water. The water is drawn up the towel.

As well, there's the force of attraction- "water tension" between water molecules. If you fill a cup with water, you can add drop by drop more water until the top of the water is above the lip of the cup. This is water tension, in which the water molecules are so attracted to each other that they can stay togetehr without a supporting wall. This tension of the water inside the sieve cells of the tree keeps the flow of water continous.

Finally, there's "transpiration". The tree is "breathing" through its leaves, and water is evaporating from the leaves, and as water evaporates from the leaves, more water is drawn into the leaves from the water in the tree branches.

If you look at the entire picture, the roots absorb water, then the sieve cells draw up the water through capillary action and osmosis. The water tension keeps the flow of water from breaking, with transpiration driving the flow in the upward direction, towards the leaves.

If you cut down a tree, you will see water (tree sap) flowing out of the sieve cells, which are located along the circumference of the tree. Water won't be spurting out of the tree, and it will stop eventually, because there isn't any transpiration taking place any more.

The movement of water happens pretty much the same way in flowers too, and the water is easier to see. Take a fresh flower (with leaves) and, holding the stem underwater, cut the stem with sharp scissors. Take it out of the water and you will see a drop of water hanging onto the end you just cut. That's water tension keeping the drop from falling! If you watch closely, the water will slowly move
    up into the stem!!

In fact, when you cut flowers to bring into the house, you need to put them in water right away. The movement of water up the stem
    happens without stop, and if you wait to put the cut stems in water, the sieve cells will start to draw up air, and the air bubble will break the force of the capillary action, and the flower will be unable to draw up anymore water. If you do need to wait before putting the plants into water, cut the stem a bit higher up, in water, and hopefully you'll have cut off the stem with the air bubble.I hope you understand trees and plants better now :)

8. MikeHammer

MikeHammer New Member

The science behind growing a seed to plant is very well understood. You do not have to rely on some mystic hocuspocus to explain it. I suggest a basic course in biology would help you a lot.

9. D'Arcy

D'Arcy Junior Member

Thanks MikeHammer for your considerable efforts.

Sorry for the inadequate example with the flow of saps.
    Of course I know that e.g. water even in an inorganic tube filled with an inorganic sponge would do just the same - meaning it doesn't even need a living organism to do that.

Nevertheless, isn't it being stuck to a superficial approach, to claim to completely understand how this is possible, e.g. how water can have such properties as surface tension or how this force can be stronger than gravity?

Aren't physical laws about being constant as well as about being verifiable in experiments?
    And if the science, resp. the scientific or "physical"(?) laws behind growing a seed to plant are understood, shouldn't scientists be able to reproduce it from scratch.

Am I right that the science behind growing a seed to plant is that genes determine its development?
    Isn't this just as I wrote only understanding what is happening, but not actually how?
    Or is it understood how they do it - or even how genes themselves are formed, resp. developed? Science may explain that they are programmed. But how a cluster of atoms and molecules can store a program, just like intelligence or emotions, I believe this is not understood - and just as little as how electric impulses in our brains can produce thoughts and dreams in our consciousness - or is it the other way around?

You mean some mystic hocuspocus just like e.g. electricity was considered, before it was somewhat understood?
    Doesn't everything appear "mystic hocuspocus" until it is somewhat understood?

Is physics really able to comprehend and explain the "forces" of living organisms - let alone eternity, ASO?
    Do honest scientists not admit that the more answers they find, the more questions arise?

But then again, this thread is about an inorganic generator, and thus it has nothing to do with "life-forces" - or does it?
    What if the earth's magnetic field etc. is part of it's vital energies?
    Is it incontrovertibly evinced that the planet earth isn't a living organism, that water isn't something like its "blood" and the fauna isn't like the bacteria on our bodies (and cities its cancerous ulcers, for that matter)?

I guess - just like history has shown - those who don't dare to be naive and don't try to discover what appears to be "magic", just will never be able to find out and understand.

And aren't we prone to fear what we don't understand, and thus isn't understanding also an essential condition to love? And isn't love required to make our lives meaningful to us, and a vital force for a long-term sound progress?

Sorry for getting carried away...

10. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

There was a rather lengthy discussion on this at the Environment Site forum. Some french company had all the answers :rolleyes: ... pity it wasn't written in English :D

11. D'Arcy

D'Arcy Junior Member

Hello milifestyle,
    Are you talking about the generator, the intelligence and forces of life or what exactly?
    In any case it is most unlikely that anybody has all the answers.

12. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Absolutely... Who knows what can happen.

This thread reminded me of the one at the other forum. Only it referenced Websites in French. Its all Greek to me :D I had to wait for the explanation to get the explanation... If you need that explained... i'm probably not the one to do it :? :lol: