first groundcherry!

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by katrina, Jan 14, 2008.

1. katrina

katrina Junior Member

i was walking my daughter around the vege patch explaining a few things when i got to a groundcherry bush. there on the ground was our first ever groundcherry. it was tiny inside its beautiful wrapper and she proclaimed it delicious! :) . can't wait for another to drop so i can try one. this is our first year vege patching/permaculturing and it has been fun and frustrating. and i have learned so much...including that i have so much to learn
    i was keen to plant some stuff i can't get in the shops and this one has worked.i love the shape of the wrapper, it makes me feel i am in japan.
    kat

2. ljmorrison

ljmorrison Junior Member

My daughter planted strawberries in our vege patch (months ago), and after going down to check if they had any strawberries every second day, her interest wained (down to checking once a week). This morning we were hanging out in the vege patch and guess what we discovered? One lusciously ripe and red little berry! After our squealing subsided she generously shared her little red treasure with her little sister and mummy, so we could all enjoy her bounty!
    Gardening with kids can be frustrating at times (No dear, that was NOT a weed! :x ), but those times are far outweighed by special moments like these.
    Congratulations on your first ground cherry! One cherry in the hand is worth three nintendoes in the bush! :lol:

3. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Aint life grand when your able to eat that first tomatoe,sweetcorn,strawberry,cucumber..

Ya cant beat it for Quids..AND they really do taste better then shop bought ones too. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Keep it up dont give up to easy,its good to teach the younguns as well theyll never forget either.

Good Luck

Tezza

4. barely run

barely run Junior Member

Been away for a while so checking out old posts :) What is a ground cherry and will it take frost?
    Cheers
    Cathy