FEMA to cut down 82,000 trees and soak the area in 700 gallons of roundup

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Farside, May 29, 2013.

1. Farside

Farside Junior Member

2. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

1) Glyphosate is not a pre-emergent control. It only kills living plants, not seeds. This is why you have to keep using the stuff repeatedly.

2) Wouldn't dried up wood chips pose a greater fire hazard?

3. Farside

Farside Junior Member

I can only assume that this is a test of process to gauge public response. It makes no sense to douse wood chips in Roundup as a fire mitigation plan.

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Most people in Berkeley & Oakland do not even know this is going on. I have been making calls and writing letters about it to warn people since the roundup WILL go into the Berkeley watershed & into the bay. Sadly, according to news articles from the SF Guardian that SF Bay is already pretty much dead which is a shame because it used to be a nursery (the whole bay) for marine mammals.

5. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Oh & BTW, this land in question is near the nuclear & other dangerous labs. I can only figure that this is the pre-game behind the game. Why devalue the land and make it unsuitable for life unless you are going to use it for new buildings down the road? That's my theory anyway.