Fair Share festival and School of Social Justice

Discussion in 'Permaculture Groups, Contacts Activities Anounceme' started by Michaelangelica, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Fri. 22nd and Sat. 23nd October - Fair Share festival and School of Social Justice

The Fair Share Festival is organised to go from Friday 22nd 4pm-8.30pm, then Saturday 23rd 9am-4.30pm and will be held at Hamilton Public School, Tudor St, Newcastle. It an Eco-Social Expo and School, (10-12 workshops) aimed to educate and inspire the public towards achieving sustainable and caring society, so it includes a holistic focus on all 3 of economic, social and ecological sectors, as being all inter-dependent (as also now taught in Permaculture meaning "Permanently sustainable culture").
    We'll focus on... equitable, sustainable, community-strengthening financial/economic and eco-social systems.... as ethical, enduring alternatives to the "greed is good" system which have produced not only boom-and-bust disasters like the GFC -Global Financial Crisis - but great costs to communities (the poor in particular), culture, the environment and health.

The still-unravelling disasters of both the GFC- Global Financial Crisis - and the eco-system crisis of species extinction and climate change, necessitate changes to business practices and structures, economic policies, attitudes and life-styles....from excessive individualism, greed and materialism, to a new basis of co-operation, respect for the community of all species, and the strengthening of human communities.

FSF is also a Festival, with exhibitors, displays and "edutainment" breaks of relevant issue-highlighting drama, comedy/satire, songs and even a magician with a sustainability-teaching show.
    See our website for more info. www.transitionnewcastle.org.au

2. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

what a lovley idea
    incidentally i was in newcastle the other day and happened to see some canola plants growing on the side of the road (new eng hwy)near the grain handling facility
    I wonder what sort of canola plants they were????? i would suggest if any of u hippies were to spray them with glyphosate they wouldnt die!

3. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    I've seen them too Andrew - now where would I get the roundup?

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Don't bother - the council already sprayed it! And it didn't die...

5. abdullah

abdullah Junior Member

would someone kindly pull them out, arrange them as a bouquet and give them to the PM.