experience wanted

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by macca, Jun 24, 2006.

1. macca

macca New Member

2 motivated people looking for experience in permaculture later this year. We are currently travelling in South East Asia and due to return around September. I am a plumber and my girlfriend Bec has a degree in Nature Tourism and we are both looking to further our knowledge of permaculture either through a course or in active employment. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Macca and Bec :)

Have you considered becoming WWOOFers once you return to Australia?

WWOOFing will give you all the opportunities you need to get yourselves into all things permacultural.

You can learn all about WWOOFing here:

https://www.wwoof.com.au/

Happy travels and cheerio,

Mark.

3. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

feel like coming to hawaii? we are doing a permaculture project on 14 acres here. trying to get lots of things going; aquaculture, timber trees, bamboo, fruit trees, vegetables herbs, goats, chickens, etc. we are off the grid, have variety of accomodations. need lots of help from willing workers with the right intentions. if you want to know more get in touch.

4. ecoresources

ecoresources Junior Member

Hi Macca and Bec

Hope you guys are enjoying your trip in the tropics. It's so bloody cold here at the moment in Adelaide that I'm envious. Still in September it'll be much warmer and several projects I'm involved in at the Aldinga Arts Eco Village will be underway at last. You may be interested..

In August (20th) our first PDC (Winter/Spring PDC) with Geoff and Nadia Lawton starts and continues until Sept 1. We still have some spots left.

In September I'll lay the slab for a new house at the village (in slab drains are already ordered). The first and second fix work is available as well as tank setup and external drains. PE only - no pvc.

October - Subject to some negotiations occurring at the moment there may be work setting up a communal shower etc for future courses.

In November on the 26th our Summer PDC begins - also with Geoff and Nadia.

Maybe we could do a (fair) trade that will benefit us all.

Check out

https://www.ecoresources.com.au/ptv2/page22/page27/page27.html

to find out about us. Get in touch with me if you are interested.

cheers

Mark