EVIDENCE, PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES SUPPORTING PERMACULTURE

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Sheldonfrith, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Sheldonfrith

Sheldonfrith New Member

I have compiled all of the evidence I could find (I found A LOT!) supporting the effectiveness of Regenerative Agriculture. It includes hundreds of peer reviewed articles. There are many that specifically mention things like Permaculture, or Holistic Management, but many of them support Permaculture without using the word "Permaculture".

When someone demands that you "provide references" simply send them to this page!

Enjoy:

https://sheldonfrith.com/2015/12/02/evidence-for-regenerative-agriculture/

2. Marcus Busby

Marcus Busby Junior Member

Designer Builder, Student Bartlett School of Archi
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Temperate
    Your article has been all over Facebook recently with hundreds of likes and shares! Great work!

Not strictly connected to regen ag, but still very much in the fold, have you read Ferguson and Lovell's paper? https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13593-013-0181-6

I look forward to reading and exploring your article this weekend

thanks for posting and sharing and collating your research!

3. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Sheldon, great reference list, thank you for doing the work and sharing this very informative list of article links.
    As you have discovered, there are many methods with many different names but these all have the same end goal, which is better production through natural method soil improvement instead of chemicals. The problem with "modern agriculture methods" is that you end up killing the very organisms that turn dirt (mineral rock eroded into very small particles) into soil (mineral rock eroded into very small particles with microorganisms living within the spaces between the small particles). The "commercial" farmers I've worked with in the past all thought their methods were the only way to produce a crop, until I convinced them to give one field or even a part of a field a trial using the methods we call permaculture or holistic remediation. Once they gave me the chance, they found their profits up simply because of the smaller amount of money they used to produce that crop. They also charted higher yields on the test field when compared to their chemical fields. The evidence has been being compiled for many years and thus it takes lots of seeking to be able to find all the published works. Your compendium is outstanding!

4. howdymr

howdymr Junior Member

Consultation, Education and Implementation
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Arid/semi-arid
    Heh, I posted a link in the Regrarians group on Fb and it went nuts. Folks are digging it. Nice work!

5. Marcus Busby

Marcus Busby Junior Member

Designer Builder, Student Bartlett School of Archi
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Temperate
    Hi Sheldon,

I added your blog to the UK Permaculture Knowledgebase website. Please let me know if there are any other resources you would like to add, or contact Ryan the communications officer at [email protected]

here are the links to your website on the knowledgebase:

https://knowledgebase.permaculture....generative-agriculture-videos-books-links-etc

https://knowledgebase.permaculture....wed-articles-holistic-management-videos-books

Great work and all the best with Holistic Management Canada

best regards

Marcus

6. FINA

FINA New Member

Climate:
    Temperate
    Thank you!