Eco-friendly House and Land for Sale at Mothar Mountain via Gympie QLD

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by PermaGuinea, Mar 12, 2011.

1. PermaGuinea

PermaGuinea Junior Member

Eco-friendly House and Land for Sale at Mothar Mountain via Gympie QLD

Overview: 2-bedroom house on 4.16 Ha (approx. 10 acres) managed organically on permaculture plan with Land for Wildlife registration on zone V, dam on intermittent creek, approximately three acres of pasture currently running damara sheep (+PID for livestock transfer), cabinet wood plantation and revegetation areas. Good neighbours, including permaculture neighbours on one side, and almost perfect privacy - no other houses in sight - perfect spot for guinea fowl to free range. 14 km from Gympie.

Price: $350,000

Main reason for selling: We have two young children craving the company of other children and have decided to move closer to their cousins and the rest of my family.

Zone I

High-set timber 2-bedroom house
    Open-plan living room with timber flooring
    2.4 m verandah on two sides of living room
    Screens on all windows
    Stand-alone 12V solar power system (700 AH batteries)
    Gas fridge
    Gas on-demand hot water
    Gas range and oven
    Slow-combustion wood stove with oven (Nectre)
    2 bathrooms
    2 toilets - one Natureloo compost toilet system and one dual flush to septic

Parking space and room to build under house

45,000 litres (9900 gallons) of rainwater tanks (newer tanks connected to house, older tanks to hoses for chooks, garden and animals, respectively)
    2 Shur-flo water pumps to house, one with pressure tank

Zone II

Garden and chook pens

Zone III

9-paddock 3-lane rotation system for small livestock
    Areas set aside for orchards

Zone IV

Mixed cabinet wood plantation (planted by previous owners)
    Dam in intermittent creek

Zone V

Over one hectare of dry eucalyptus forest with spots of remnant rainforest

Optional extras open to negotiation:

1 Fordson Dexta tractor with slasher (shared with permaculture neighbour who keeps it running ;-) )
    1 Firefighter pump
    1 14" Chainsaw
    Starter herd of damara sheep (currently one ram, one ewe, one ewe lamb, two wethers)
    Assorted guinea fowl, silky hens and roosters.

Please pm or send an email to [email protected]. (Sustainability declaration available on request.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PermaGuinea

A shot I took from the window recently:

[​IMG]

3. johnharry

johnharry New Member

The house is really good and the environment is just as i wanted calm and pleasant.

4. PermaGuinea

Well, after being led a merry dance by one of the neighbours offering us a swap for a house and land package that started to look bodgier and bodgier, we are still here plodding along and making little improvements to the place. We are gearing up to put the place on the mainstream market but this is a permaculture property and has features best appreciated by people who want to practice permaculture.

Among the changes that we have made since our original post:

- installed two new 190 W solar panels on a tiltable frame to allow us to track the sun through the day and through the seasons;

- set up some garden beds near the back steps for easy access to greens and herbs;

- planted new fruit trees including tropical apple (Golden dorset and Anna), fig, nectarine (White Satin), carambola (starfruit), atemola (custard apple - African Pride), mango (bowen), feijoa, olive, avocado, jackfruit;

- expanded the main vegetable garden, raised the fences to six foot and put in chicken wire to keep out wallabies and bandicoots and made an overhead frame for the grapes;

- hooked the firefighter pump up with irrigation pipe from the dam to one of the tanks near the house (this helped our new gardens and orchard endure one of the driest spells in Gympie in 30 years);

- restored and installed some overhead kitchen cabinets that we scored from an old queenslander to improve storage and useability of the kitchen;

- decommissioned the compost toilet and turned the room into a laundry instead;

- turned some old tanks into sheds for storing grain and firewood away from the house;

- set up an old caravan as accommodation and started hosting helpXers to assist with work such as feeding the chickens, collecting mulch from the chicken pens and paddocks to make compost for the garden, weeding, mowing, brushcutting, slashing, etc. (Having helpers stay with us has also been a good social activity for the kids);

- paved a few areas around the house using second-hand and free-cycled pavers to make paths to well-used areas and generally reduce maintenance such as weeding and mowing; and

- gave the sheep to a mate and subsequently removed the fencing to make slashing easier. The paddock is now a blank slate for the next owner. :)

I'll try to post some pics of the changes shortly.

If you are interested in buying our property, please pm me or send an email to [email protected].

5. PermaGuinea

6. PermaGuinea

7. TaleofColors

TaleofColors New Member

I can't tell you how much I would love to have a place like this. You have just about exactly what I am dreaming for. Good luck with it :)

8. PermaGuinea