Dreams DO come true!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by PDB, Jun 12, 2010.

1. PDB

PDB Junior Member

Hello I am back again. I am about to start off on our new adventure. We have bought our selfs a 5 acer block in Buccan (south of Brisbane) and we will be moving there in July. I would aprecat any advice in getting started from anyone. Thanks and I will keep you all posted.
    Paul :)

2. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    Talk to your new nieghbours Paul. They may well have information on growing conditions and when bin night is but also may be a great way to get rid of the bounty you may well recieve when you design your own food garden.

3. ppp

ppp Junior Member

hi pdb, we've had our place for 12 months, advice.. try to make a plan, then walk around and consider what it will mean.. change the plan, look at where the run falls, change it again until it suits. Draw the design out then go about making it happen. We have found that once a few fences and our gravity fed tanks and taps go in, and the secure chook run it's felt really good. Plus makes it easy to plant and plan around that.

4. PDB

PDB Junior Member

Hello All
    we are now in our new place!! We now have 5 acres and two dams to play with. We have bought some of our fruit trees with us and they seem to have transplanted well. Really looking forward to times to come! Paul