Does anyone have any info on Eltham college Melbourne permaculture diploma course?

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by SWP, Oct 7, 2011.

1. SWP

SWP New Member

Hello. I'm pretty new to the forum so just wanted to say hi! And was wondering if any one had any info on permaculture diploma courses. I really want to start a permaculture diploma course in Melbourne next year. I've been looking at a few really good ones and found one I think may be perfect. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/Info on Eltham college as the place to do it? Has anyone completed this course ? Have any advice ? Or could point me in a other direction ? Thanks guys. Peace.

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Junior Member

I know Pete 'the Permie' Allen helped establish and now teaches the diploma there. I did my PDC with him last year at Telopea Mountain Permaculture and I can highly recommend him, a very knowledgable fella. He's also on the WWPN.

Upon completion of a diploma, I'm curious to know where you'd like to go from there.

Good luck,

Dan

3. Tamara

Tamara Junior Member

Its a great course, I've got friends doing it and I've taught some classes in it also.
    Highly recommended!
    Tamara

4. Don Hansford

Don Hansford Junior Member

Call me an old fart, but isn't a Diploma only granted (by Bill et al) after a couple of years of applied work following a recognised PDC?

5. fetha

fetha New Member

Dip

Heya
    I'm currently doing the diploma at Eltham. it's pretty fun, a bunch of good people and variety of teachers. It is true you can get a diploma doing a pdc then working in the field for two years, but the course does you a taste of many different aspects of being involved in permaculture, from cheese making and bee keeping, to volunteering at an apple festival, as well as designing permaculture systems on rural, semi-rural and urban levels...
    does that help at all??