Diabetes is Big Business, but for Whom?

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Michaelangelica, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Clearly, the food-pharma connection is working a tighter and tighter net. The only one who can break out of this vicious circle is the consumer - You:

• by avoiding processed and unhealthy foods
    • by leading an overall healthier, more active lifestyle
    • by looking for alternatives of causal healing instead of symptom-based pharmaceutical suppression therapies.
    The bottom line, we as the taxpayers and consumers can no longer afford spending these dollar amounts first on unhealthy foods and subsequently on equally unhealthy drug fixes.
    https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/diabetes-big-business-whom

2. briansworms

briansworms Junior Member

There will never be a cure for Diabetes while such huge profits are being made. I use to take Januvia and now Janumet. The Full cost is around $95 per pack and I pay $36 per month. Sadly I still can't shake the disease. I didn't fit the Diabetes mould , overwieght and unhealthy. No I got my Dads good looks and his Diabetes. It runs in my Mothers side of the family too so I had little hope of avoiding it. I look on the bright side that I am not Insulin dependant ( yet) and hope not to. There is always somebody worse off than yourself so be postive.

Sadly Drug Companies don't make money from healthy people so there is no incentive to cure anybody.

3. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Brian - get someone to check your Vitamin D levels. Just a wee hint, doesn't apply to everyone though.

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

Lives in Qld and is into gardening would suggest his Vitamin D is probably ok....but worth a try.