cultural nuances

Discussion in 'General chat' started by kimbo.parker, May 17, 2014.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

Aussie minister for education calls opposition leader a C*nt

It started off as just a normal, dull old day in parliament when Australia's minister for education Christopher Pyne started criticizing the opposition leader with some standard political banter.

So while the banter continued, the Speaker of the House was getting some order back into the process, when all of a sudden he has called the Opposition Leader a cunt, picked up very clearly by the microphones.

[video=youtube;DgesjmuM18Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgesjmuM18Y[/video]

it is like i told you guys way back....it's a cultural thing.

like Sudanese hanging pregnant christian women that don't want to be Islamic- ooooh that apostasy is nasty stuff.

if one can't stand the heat, one gets away from the fire - ....
    and i suggest this amounts to some comfy culturally homogeneous place far away from the cultures that one finds intolerable ....
    where one can guard ones niche.

:)

me personally,,,i'm getting displaced by christians and a government that does their bidding ( the same one that calls a c*nt a c*nt); the ones that insist that the only public school councillors to receive government funding must be christians !

i lament my deprived pagan position and cry discrimination....
    and in confronting displacement, seek out a culturally homogeneous pagan utopia where the next village on are - Buddhist or Hindu.
    something conducive to the mix,,,where there is no shit in the cake, so to speak.

K

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I'm afraid the cultural nuances of why it is appropriate to describe an adult male as the derogative term for a female body part through which (most) of them emerged into being, and within which (most) of them wish to spend their leisure hours being entertained, is lost on me. Is calling someone a c*unt like saying I couldn't exist without you and I wish I could spend more time with you as you give me pleasure? Maybe that's why Pyne meant.

3. kimbo.parker

so, if i read you correctly,,,,you are having trouble accepting that one word can have more than one meaning?

the use of the word by that C*nt Pyne has got zero to do with anything to do with a female body part.

just like; flea and flee

it matters not that the spelling is the same.

i am assured that my surname in Pakistani means wanker,,,( then again i think the spelling is different )

i can't think of one of the many many examples there are of one word having more than one meaning - but i'm sure you could ( if you tried ).

(ps do you have some software setting that sends an alarm when ever i post - dam you're fast .)

isn't it a 'simile' - when one word has more than one meaning?

anyway - the word in question has zero to do with female anatomy.

it may be that only a native ( born here ) australian ever gets the nuances and subtleties of the delivery of the word.
    tone, inflection etc,

and to all those that don't get it - perhaps they should reflect on their personal prejudices before being critical of 'culture'.

did ya miss me?
    K

4. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
  5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Bloody hell yes! You make the place (expletive) interesting.

6. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    i don't always understand your shorthand or cultural references (poop in the cake?), but i do enjoy reading what you write.

how's your projects coming along?

7. kimbo.parker

i understand;
    last night my entire dream scape was asian,,,a hell of a lot of very meaningful stuff that had me grasping for meaning and seeking interpretation - i can't speak asian!! and i don't get asian nuances!!

i did get the meaning of one bit of the dream; when an asian muslim gave me a good crack in the head....some things are universal after all.

my references to shit in the cake, piss in the beer and the like -
    are simple analogies that highlight the fact that colour and texture do not automatically guarantee beneficial incorporation in a recipe, and that inclusion of these items in the mix is to the detriment of the finished product.

i seek to highlight the point that a successful recipe for anything is not something that is ' all inclusive ', and is fundamentally a process of exclusion.
    i point out that community and harmony are built upon exclusion.

as to my projects - (stick the knife in songbird and turn it round real slow")

i really have to pause and think before i speak of them ( i hate that, it interrupts my flow )

basically all my previous projects have failed hopelessly or succeeded fantastically - and it very much depends on how one draws up the success / fail criteria.

* my beloved heritage apple orchard is dead - but i learned the importance of testing ones bore water and not believing anyone's elses bullshit about it.

* my beloved cattle are dead - but now i am a vegetarian and 99% vegan whilst the daughter has turned into an animal rights activist and is taking the family with her.

* my beloved dogs are dead - but now i know i should not own dogs if i'm not prepared to drop everything at any hour and go into debt if needs be to secure prompt medical attention as soon as its required - in this case, vitamin K as an antidote for rodent poison.

* many of my beloved sandalwood trees are dead - but i now know that the system that provides the required hosts for sandalwood must have a magnitude of resilience to fire and climate change.

*possibly the single biggest knee in the nuts is that many of my beloved Oak trees are dead!!!! this is a Pagan nightmare!!....but i now know that climate change and 5 months with zero rain will even topple the mightly Oak.

*my side project of cultivating weirdness and avoiding normality has failed to ...but i now know, i reached my limit and i feel the infinite universe has ripped me off by showing me the 'box' that contains my dreams and aspirations.

*my creation of a family village to protect and nurture my family culture has failed....but i now know that a parent can not hope to be bigger than society in programming their children.

*my strategies for wealth creation have failed
    - but now i know that just because one has that feeling that the gods are with them, does not mean that the gods have any intention of making the deal profitable or comfortable.

*my strategy for upgrading my teeth failed - but now i know that dentures are only for aesthetics and are actually useless for eating with.

ad infinitum.

i'm sure other peoples projects don't run like this else there would be more bitterness and suicides than i observe.

i still have one tap, the same tap, the only tap.....i found it at the dump 12 years ago and it just works well without maintenance, without dripping.
    i find myself trying to model the tap in my attitudes and daily life.....and i fail.

the thing that fails is my inability to get past the fact that it is delusional - and i'm such a stickler for accuracy.

in a life like mine, all one has left is an accurate take on things.

it's crap, i totally don't recommend it,,,,

these days i just tend to wait for the big disasters to befall mankind - it tickles my misanthropic mind and gives me hope for the future.
    i wait for the big meteor, yellowstone to go bang, the next world war, global financial collapse and so on.

i still save piss, i still have plans - motivated by revenge is still motivation,,,,so i remain.

all tragic, boring and irrelevent - nothing to see here......thanks for asking though.

cheers,
    K

8. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

was he referring to Shorten or the C#nt of a speaker!

i missed ya C#nty!!!

I have several female (and some blokes) friends who delight in referring to me in that manner loudly and very publicly !!!
    I think the word cant is much more offensive!!

9. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

Sorry to hear about your dead things!
    At least u are having a crack I recon iv've killed more oaks than anyone!!!

Iff it getts too much for ya you can move in here i nee d someone to man the booby traps!!

10. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Attached Files:

11. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

12. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    i think it is useful to think of any group or culture as a living cell, it would not be considered alive if it had no control over the boundary or as to what could go in or out, but still there are some things which go in and out of a cell without any control at all. knowing the differences and the whys are key.

are the oaks and sandalwood trees together or in different areas? what type of oaks? the ones that survived, were they the largest, the best protected from wind, had better soil, better mulch, ? or just damned lucky? have the oaks ever had acorns?

and i know zilch about sandalwood, but would enjoy talking about what you have learned, what they need, what is harvested, when and how, etc.

animal rights are probably close enough to religion for some folks as to make it a thing that can split a family apart. i find these days that i would rather just let those with stronger opinions than mine say what they like and then get on with whatever else. i.e. i'm not interested in being a rock for them to bash against or a tree to chop down or any other barrier. i'm more like the wind or the water. they pass through and life goes on.

why would someone in a dream hit you?

13. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Calling someone a C-word is just like calling someone a "dick". It's in fashion to really spit out the C-word at the moment, with no negative connotations to the female body at all.

Using the D-word and the C-word to describe a terrible politician is ok in my books, no matter who they are.

14. kimbo.parker

Fashion - now there's a word with cultural nuances.

i remember when feminism was fashionable.

it was socially and culturally appropriate in the society that i lived in - that western greedist thing that is the mainstream of australian society.

i thought feminism was OK, it seemed right, honourable and fair....i went along with it.

but in 2014 it is not fashionable
    ;

this is;

https://www.smh.com.au/nsw/female-g...-committed-to-stand-trial-20140523-zrm6i.html

the link directs to a news article of 23/5/14
    it is all about some multicultural bullshit - the sort of multicultural bullshit that it is very unfashionable to speak out against.

what really astounds me is;
    " where are the godam feminists when this crap is going down???

being politically correct didn't stop them in the past, if it did they wouldn't have got the vote......but nowadays, ssshhhh,

as far as i'm concerned, if the feminists don't step up and address this crap, they are doing womanhood a grave injustice.
    it is one thing not having the 'balls' for confrontation, ,,

it is another thing when feminists just 'turn a blind eye'....to injustice upon little girls.

this is happening in Sydney Australia....set an example for the little girls!....speak up dammit.

blokes used to joke that feminism made bad cooks out of women,,,,i can see their points of view,,,,modern girls don't get the need for a recipe,,,,the need to keep shit out of the cake.

K

15. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

We would need to also speak out against male genital mutilation too and that's far more wide spread.
    Do women or men need to speak out against that?

16. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

Drop the female shit !
    dorsal slit insisions ARE practiced'; endorsed and wounds managed by the AUS gvt in central Australia ..On teenage boys!!!

STOP mutilating our girls and boys!!!

Sorry ive felt like a Big Tony Abbott for 3 weeks since giving up smoking!!

ON the positive side of mutilating children!

My 85 yo neigbhour wishes he had been circumsised ,when after his prostate induced dribbling kicked in and caused some lesions,, So I guess its horses or in my case miniture ponies for courses!

17. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

Ive actually been fined 150$ for calling a police 1/2 man a Tony Abbott!

8)8) Ididnt pay it! no dramas!
    Ive also seen a rather unattractive overweight poor girl fined 600$ for the same crime

18. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Andrew it's not too late for your 85 yo mate to get the snip. But at least he'll make a conscious choice about it and have appropriate pain relief. Unlike the newborn males…..

And don't you worry Kimbo there are plenty of feminists on the bandwagon. We just don't get any airtime in the Fairfax and Murdoch media….

19. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

I wouldnt do it to a child unless there was some good anatomical reason!

Eg in sheep some flaps are prone to promote growth of fungal and bacterial infections!:sweat:

20. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

My dads 87 and just had a rebore for his prostate so far so good