Cost of a train ticket

Discussion in 'General chat' started by ~Tullymoor~, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Sorry Tullymoor - we seem to have hijacked your post...

Baldcat, I suppose the water issue is all about how much you need and how much you store...our house tank has over flowed about three times this year (into a dam) - the tanks a great big one...not too sure of exact volume :oops: we even water the lambs from this tank and I water my seedlings using this water. We have three dams - one which is badly placed imho dried up - but it always does the other two have been fine, not anywhere near the point of worrying about anyway - but we do not use much water and we do not have children to consider.

Hording is wonderful! :lol: Horders always have something to fix/help any situation :wink:

2. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Yeah sorry tully...

Brain storm you know what a dried up dam would be great for... ?

A fire pitt and amphitheatre... With bale rendered seats..

As a young bloke (before 18) we used to go out to a farm just outside of town to an old dam which was surrounded by trees, and have our parties.. The local establishment knew and left us alone as we were out of town and not causing any trouble.. It was great as we could have a great big bon-fire and the only thing that could be seen out of the dam was the glow on the tress... In the end we had developed the dam and dug an old 5000 gallon tin tank into the side and placed a door in it, This gave us shelter when it rained..

3. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

That is a wonderful idea Baldcat :!: :D

I've always wanted one of those hobbit holes into a hill side kind of place...

We plan on planting the dam out and creating a little more habitat... perhaps the hobbit hole could double as a bird hide - much more to our speed really :wink: