Colonization by Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by 9anda1f, Aug 28, 2014.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Frankly, I'm nearly speechless. The spoils of our banking system's debt bubble have now become entire countries.
    Cheering for Argentina!

https://www.resilience.org/stories/...tcy-the-high-stakes-chess-match-for-argentina

2. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Anyone still wonder why the USA is ever more in the cross hairs of other countries?

3. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

I've been sort of following the Argentina story unfold over the past couple of months and the first thing that struck me as odd was when the bankers tried to wriggle out of that 2005 agreement and used the US courts to do so. I would wholeheartedly support the Argentine government if they decided to default on their debt and give everyone the middle finger at this point. The entire system of debt needs a swift kick in the jiggly bits. As of now you have to go in to debt to: buy a new car, buy a house, go to college, and support a family. Going in to debt the minute you're born is just plain wrong.

Not for a few decades since I realized that the dictators the US were whining about were the ones that the US put in to power in the first place.

4. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Indeed, the USA needs to come to the realization that the rest of the world is not our direct problem and stay out of other countries business. We have enough problems here that need attention, we are not the world police nor are we in charge of every other countries business.