Chooks at last!!!

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by gemjill, Sep 25, 2008.

1. gemjill

gemjill Junior Member

G'day
    having got fed up with waiting for the 'chook palace' down the back to be built I decided to knock together a chook tractor from stuff around the place (wire, plastic, string and gaffer tape!), and we took delivery of two beautiful Ancona hens this week.
    Said to my 6 year old Jake that he could name one ... thinking... thinking.. "Jake" he says. "err maybe a girls name?' and he finally came up with 'Sally' and I named the other 'Dora' after the kids character Dora the Explorer.
    Already amazed at the amount of green pick they get through, and thrilled with the first egg, which Jake had for breakfast the next day.
    Already thinking that definitely gotta get the 'palace' happening as I want more!!
    cheers

2. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

Re: Chooks at last!!!

dive into it LOL

dora the explorrer fits

sally - - ?? can we ask where that came from LOL

our chooks are wendy and river - - they were saved from caged klife and had already been de beaked - so the wendy is harmer and river - phoenix

the two light sussex are missy elliot (she sang when we first gor her) and missy higgins cos she sounded better

the two ducks are betty and toots - betty boop and toots braunstein - for no particular reason

3. thepoolroom

thepoolroom Junior Member

Hehe, our silkies got named Row, Lusiana and Mariposa (all princesses from Barbie movies!). Kids, eh.

This photo pretty much explains how our girls see the world: https://www.pool-room.com/2008/09/magic-in-the-garden/

We got silkies primarily as pets, but are also hoping for a small supply of eggs - "pets with benefits". :)

4. turkey

turkey Junior Member

She is beautiful dressed up for gardening what ever you do dont stop her from doing it.
    If I had seen your post before last thursday I would have asked to drop in for a cuppa.
    I was in Kiama to enew my membership at the leagueas club and have lunch there with my
    daughter and she wanted to have a look around the place which we did it was a loverly day for it to.