chook antics

Discussion in 'Breeding, Raising, Feeding and Caring for Animals' started by gardenlen, Sep 6, 2013.

1. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day,

these chooks very user friendly, they don't get exited and run around all over the place, they don't scratch in the mulch much

cut a bucket in 1/2 depth wise, so i could put a cove over some seed i would like to grow to screen their condo' with, they began to undermine it a bit, so being precautionary, i asked my lovely wife to pile some stones(app' 50mm size) around the upturned base of the bucket, anyhow couple days later when enjoying the shade of the chook house, i noted a single row of rocks in the semi circle around the bucket, and about 100mm out another single row of rocks in perfect order, edge to edge, not higgeldy piggeldy so asked my lovely about it to find she had piled them like suggested.

anyhow they are snubbing the hutch bit maybe we made it too dim, supposed to better for egg production. they're older birds and we get 1 to 4 eggs a day, all laid in the hutch. thinking of getting another 2 or 3 pullets when the lady has them around november.

have fun

len

2. Rick Larson

Rick Larson Junior Member

I don't think this anti-chicken city I live in has an ordinance against chooks.