CHECK THIS ANTI-SUSTAINABILITY NONSENSE OUT!!!!!!! (video)

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by daozen, Dec 7, 2011.

1. daozen

daozen Junior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKS_vkkfohw&sns=fb

I couldnt believe what this crazy !@#$ is talking about?! now this is what happens when you go to university to study philosophy... you become an ivory tower morron, but this has just gone too far! I tried to tackle this nonsense on the yt comments, and I was going to start a series of comments but I think I got blocked just from the first one.... yeah thats the way to arrive at truth! always oppose ideas that dont fit yours! :shake:

2. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

She talks too fast and that's as far as i got. I don't agree that its wrong to study philosophy and that you become an ivory tower moron though.

3. daozen

daozen Junior Member

yeah, sorry :p I guess I got annoyed... I do think SHE is an ivory tower moron.

4. daozen

daozen Junior Member

5. Dzionik

Dzionik Junior Member

Daozen its just bad luck to step in that pile of shit, just ignore it.

6. daozen

daozen Junior Member

exactly, sorry for the thread....

7. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Dont be sorry.
    I think its better to make things known than to say nothing.
    When good people do (say) nothing, bad shit happens.

My hackles came up big time listening to both these vids.
    Yes she talks to fast.

Here is sombody who either does not fully understand what those who are trying to live in a more susutainable way of life....OR
    here is somebody pushing someones/things agenda.

Her message is basically we can use the resources we have as we see fit because future generations will have a better technology and be able to continue as we do now.

"Environmental crap"...wow.

I think what these vids are about is to put down those who are legitimately concerned with environmental pollution and are pushing that this is a communistic anti capitalistic movement- which is still a big psychological issue in the States.

To be successful is still seen in just about everywhere as having Lots of money, lots of things, buying whatever you want whenever you want and being concerned with only yourself and your own children and grand children.

Obvious if this is your attitude then anybody who does not follow this party line is 'other or the opposition', therefore we must therefore be communists

This is a typical capitalistic attitude and one those at the top of the shit heap want perpetuated.
    They want people to strive to have more ....just like they do.
    Immitation being the most liked form of compliment.

What these vids tell me is that those at the top are worried that peoples viewpoints and attitudes are changing which of course is going to affecting their own profit lines.

8. floot

floot Junior Member

I cannot view this video [yet but I will.

My question/point is that some years ago that GW Bush when president appointed a chemical company executive to come up with a list of chemicals approved for use in the US Organic Food Market. Now, putting this comment to one side. Does anyone have a list of approved substances/chemicals we can use in Permaculture? I am looking for guidelines here. As an example I have used vinegar as a weedicide and Borax as a creepy crawly insecticide on cockroaches and ants.

I have been a permie for many years now and have never seen such a list and I know we are pragmatic about such things I am just wondering if anyone has attempted to create such a set of general guidelines. What is taught about chemical usage in a PDC?

Cheers,

9. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Here is my general guideline: Can I compost it safely?

10. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    There is a pine based herbicide on the market in NZ called interceptor-really really stinks tho but it is supposed to be ok-dont know havent used it since way before I discovered PC.

11. macey

macey Junior Member

:)))))) yep I reckon that just about covers it...... need to be careful though I reckon a good hot compost will lock up a whole number of nasties.... but would you want those same nasties in their active state on your land before you got to compost them??

As far as what considered approved chemicals/substances in permaculture? I don't think the question is one that is easily answered given the scope of permaculture.
    The easy answer and probably the one that would be the obvious one is nothing synthesised of altered in any way from that found naturally, although this may be more a question of organics rather than permaculture per's e.
    In an established system I don't believe there should be much needed in the way of chemical/substance use, as far as I'm concerned though permaculture is a practical design system which often focusses on accelerating sucsession.....lets say you had some really shitty land, you could spend a lot of time slowly building organic material and building soil or bring in a quantity of soil/compost etc. from outside at great expense and embodied energy or you could judiciously apply an inorganic fertiliser in order to facilitate on site biomass production that would kick start the system.... are any of them not valid? I think really based on time,place and situation any could be considered in a permaculture context....the focus being in the permanent aspect, all will get you to a point at which the system becomes permanent and self sustaining, they just differ in how they get you there and how you feel about them morally.

12. Kardella

Kardella Junior Member

I actually took the time to watch this video .... The most egregious aspect was the way she continually created straw men that she then proceeded to tear down. Perhaps in debate with a real philosopher she may be shown to be the free market fanatic that she is.