Cheap or Giveaway Laying hens wanted - Brisbane area

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by elliceh, Nov 21, 2007.

1. elliceh

elliceh Junior Member

If you have a couple of girls you no longer want/need and are still laying a few eggs, I would love to look after them. We have 2 girls already, but we could do with some extra eggs. We are very loving chook spoilers :lol:

2. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

I'll put my hand up for the same - - - very hard to get around the sunshine coast for some reason

3. elliceh

elliceh Junior Member

Paradisi, i got 3 girls this morning but they are from a so-called "free-range" farm. not sure if this is what you are after or not.

they have done their first year of laying or however long it is until they are deemed non profitable. I cant understand why, my two other girls that i have had for about a year have hardly missed a beat, and they are definitely not old. they don't get broody either. its kind of sad but i love rescuing these lovely ladies.

PM me if you would like the details. They are located at Redland Bay. It took me days to finally find someone willing to sell them before they are off to be culled.