Bread

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by ~Tullymoor~, Sep 22, 2005.

1. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Tullymoor (dearest),

I am writing from my monastery where I am learning axe fighting style kung fu from the monks. I am eating a nice bowl of warm yak yoghurt, and the mountains are all covered in snow.

Back before I fled my farm back in Belize, in fear of axe murderers, Dawn used to just put the sourdough starter up on the shelf. We had enough airborne beasties to get it going naturally. However Belize was a very warm country, unlike this extremely cold out post, up in the mountains where the monks have to get starter from someone else.

Just like Dawns mum, in Ohio, which gets cold, the monks here, (who ar teaching me ways to disarm attackers with axes, using things like knitting needles and pop bottle openers,) put their sourdough starter up on top of the fridge, which is closer to the ceiling and warmer, and also, the compressor on a fridge generates heat. This heat makes the sourdough grow.

Back before I escaped Belize, running from crazy axe wielding shielas from Oz, Dawn used to put the sour dough in the oven when it was cooling off when it got cold there, coldness there being relative compared to other places, like here at the monastary....

My daily routine here includes lots of axe fighting, push ups and bowls of yak tea, yak yoghurt and yak burgers, washed down with yak milk, cooked on a fire made from dried yak dung. Sometimes we eat sourdough bread, too, with yak butter. Its a hard life, but my axe fighting technique is improving with the aid of the skilled martial arts masters who are monks here.

(Yak dung, BTW, is great for compost)

Have to run, more brutal training...

Christopher

Monastary for Massive Retaliation and Fighting (MMRF)
    Undisclosed Location, Hidden City, Cold Remote Valley,
    Chee Zee Kung Fu Flick

2. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    You're a funny man, Cwis!
    But, are you in training from fear of this, harmless, cartoon axe OR did you happen to see the pic of the real axe before you ran away, I mean went into training?

Thanks for the hints re the starter. I am amazed that you can recall such details when you are living under those circumstances...

3. christopher

Tullymoor (dearest),

I am in incredibly focused, the air washing down from the snow covered peaks makes my mind remember things with incredibly vivid details.

It was the cartoon axe, coupled with the coffee, I nearly s**t myself, Man, I packed my stuff and was gone, rapidito. You have a real axe, too? Forget living with 49 king fu masters, and completing the 36 chambers of training, this isn't safe enough for me. I'm looking for a cave on top of a mountain. (That and I'm already sick of yaks)

Nahhh, I think I'll go back to Belize and clean all of my guns, instead..... :lol:

Cwistofa

4. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Christopher,

I normally wouldn't be sitting in front of the computer at this time of day being 3:30pm of precious daylight of which I should be outside doing my chores, garden, animals, firewood etc, but I'm now reformatting the hard drive of my son's new computer as I've discovered that windows 98 doesn't support internet connection sharing and the darn thing wouldn't allow me to install windows 98 SE over the top :evil: .

Once again, I've been at it for hours and am just about fed up :roll: .

Re your post, I watched a movie on SBS (our foreign channel) some time back about a group of yak herders in Nepal. Having never seen a yak before, I was fascinated in these hardworking, docile and versatile little creatures. I'd always invisaged a yak to be buffalo size and was quite taken by these cute little bovines.

Please, I welcome more stories and info about your yaks in belize.

Besotted (by the yaks)

Tam

5. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Real axe? Your loss Christopher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

6. christopher

Tam,

I undertand a real axe. I meant a real battle axe like her scary cartoon...

Cw

Edited to add, Sadly there are no yaks here. While at the Monastary, I got tired of eating yak meat, dinking yak yoghurt and milk, and yak cheese, while very nutritious, was oversalted...

Cw

7. ~Tullymoor~

If you be really, really good and don't nick off again like you did last night, I'll show you me and my real axe, just for one minute ok??

8. ~Tullymoor~

HAHAHA see, you scarpered again, you skeered!! Those monks aren't helpin' ya mate :D

9. christopher

Tullymoor (deawest)

No, CDD caught me again with a question from Tam. So go ahead, show me you axe. I hear you have a nice axe!

Cwistofa

10. ~Tullymoor~

Ok then, but if it doesn't work this time, I'll have to email it to you I guess... :wink:

11. ~Tullymoor~

12. christopher

Missed it AGAIN!

Show me your axe, please, I'm axing you to...

Cw

13. hedwig

hedwig Junior Member

gluten

what schould be bad about gluten? In australia I find many things gluten-free. but normally gluten is only harmfull to people who have zöllalkalie (or whatever this is called in english) but it s a very seldom illness.

14. sab

sab Junior Member

LOL I clicked on this thread and by the time I got to page two had forgotten what it was about and had to scroll to the top to see what the topic was! :lol:

15. frosty

frosty Junior Member

Re: gluten

it is called celiace disease or gluten intolerance and it is significantly more than a handful of people and rising all the time

wheat - spelt - rye and barley all contain gluten ........ oats is controversial

I am relatively new to it but it one theory is that to do with wheat and grains being so altered now from the old varieties

frosty

16. ~Tullymoor~

Shane said my flour and water starter would start frothing and bubbling...I'd be able to hear it he said.
    Well, mine is doing nothing of the sort :(
    I made it saturday arvo...is it too soon?He said 4 days... Whhhhhaaaaaa what have I done wrong??

17. christopher

All Hail Queen Tullymoor of the Beautiful Axe, Taga Hunter and Creator of the Folly!

From the vantage point of my bended knee, Oh great queen, creator of follies, hunter of tagas, it sounds to me, your humble servant, like you are missing the right beasties. We are lucky, we have them in the air, so we don't need to maintain a culture. I think you need to find someone with "starter" to seed your sourdough culture, then it will bubble and froth, and you will hear it, and then you can make all the sour dough you need.

Find someone near you who is raising the bread, and ask them for some culture, and you are off...

I remain, ever your loyal subject,

Pwince Cwistofa

18. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Anyone here familiar with the Melbourne group, "New Waver"? Their lead singer Greg Wadley is a part time Fruitarian with some interesting theories about wheat and its connection to civilisation and the suppresion of the working classes. Basically, the theory goes that we are addicted to wheat and it keeps us subsissive and maelable for the ruling classes! Seems out there at first but like all good conspircay theories the more you think about it and look into it the more plausible it seems to be!
    So, anyway New Waver are sort of Performance Art oriented, if you will, and they do satirisations of well known top 40 pop songs. They took Robert Palmers "Addicted to Love" and turned it into "Addicted to Wheat". You can probably download it free, since they are anarchists.

19. ~Tullymoor~

That's lovely Richard, thank you for sharing BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WIFF MY BLOODY STARTER?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Uh... nuh. :lol: Sorry...