Bioenergy Australia 2005

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by baldcat, Nov 29, 2005.

1. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Bioenergy Australia 2005 : Biomass for Energy, the Environment and Society

Australia's premier bioenergy conference, Bioenergy Australia 2005, will be held at the Rydges Melbourne Hotel on 12 - 13 December with a conference tour on 14 December.

The program will have over 50 presentations, covering policies and programs, projects and project development case studies, and emerging opportunities. The conference will consider many other facets of bioenergy including anaerobic digestion, liquid biofuels, pyrolysis bio-oil, heat and power and overarching aspects of bioenergy, such as life cycle emissions. The conference will be opened by the Hon. John Thwaites, Victorian Minister for the Environment. Dr Juergen Vehlow of Germany will provide the keynote address and the Hon. Rob Jolly of Greenworld Energy is lined up to be the conference dinner speaker.

The Conference will be held in conjunction with an International Energy Agency Bioenergy Task 36 meeting on ‘Energy from Integrated Solid Waste Management Systems’, which will bring several international experts in this field into the conference program. Again this year, there will also be a session on advanced thermal conversion of biomass. An extended panel discussion, facilitated by Prof. Ralph Sims, Director Energy Research Centre, Massey University NZ, will consider ‘How Australia Achieved a Biobased Economy by 2040’.

This conference has a reputation for excellent programs and networking opportunities at a most reasonable cost.

The updated Program, contact details for inquiries and registration form are available at https://www.bioenergyaustralia.org/docum ... t_2005.pdf and alteratively at

https://www.conferenceaction.com.au/curr ... regdoc.pdf

For inquiries, contact: Ms Emma Waygood, Conference Action: Tel (02) 9437 9333 Email: [email protected] or Stephen Schuck, Bioenergy Australia Manager: Tel: (02) 9416 9246 Email: [email protected]

This is a conference not to be missed!

2. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

re conference

Dan,

Are you able to attend? I know we will get technical stuff out of a conference like this but it would be nice to get a human perspective.

Cheers

Mike

3. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

I can't get there, but maybe some of our other Mexicans can ??

4. Guest

I was talking to some peanut farmers the other day about whether they thought the introduction of biofuels would boost their productivity, and they explained that what had been suggested to them still did not resolve their waste products. It called for more peanuts/peanut oil, which can only be produced in relation to land.

I was also talking to the guy who introduced kerbside recycling throughout Victoria (a neighbour) and he said if we do not do something about recycling and re-using our stockpiles of landfill soon, we may as well take the word recycling out of the dictionary!

To produce 'new' fuels, it makes sense to me that we use redundant resources, not continue to draw on products that exhaust the earth. Solar power is wonderful, as it draws on a non exhaustable commodity. Plastic would also meet the same criteria nowdays, I imagine, in terms of its availability and constant production.