Big trouble with posting

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by dreuky, Sep 25, 2015.

1. dreuky

dreuky Junior Member

Every time I select growing plants my log in drops
    out really annoying. I've gone through "contact us" several times to complain & got no response. Can something be done or do I just give up on this forum which I don't want to do as I have had good answers to my questions cheers

2. Geoff Lawton

Geoff Lawton Administrator Staff Member

I will see whist I can do, I am in Dubai airport flying to Brisbane and will be staying in the home of the website management office over night before flying to Malaysia on a 2 day consultancy.
    Leave with me.
    Geoff

3. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Geoff, as far as I can see none of the issues that were raised weeks ago have been resolved. The longer this goes on, the more people will leave, both long term and newbies. I find the forum almost unusable. Sometimes I can't login, other times it's just too hard to navigate and find things.

It just gets harder to restore a community once people leave like this. At the very least some announcements from admin about what is going on would help.

1 person likes this.
  4. Diggman

Diggman Junior Member

Climate:
    Temperate, always cloudy, lots of rain (& slugs)
    Hi all, so far I seem alright to post but have noted that for weeks there has been issues, this really needs to be sorted asap as the community will drop as Pebble said.
    My issues (I'm not as active on the forums as most people are) are with the older articles, such as the one titled: ''Making hard apple cider / cider vinegar and why you should be doing it'' ... half the article including the text instructions are not there including the comment section so you can't even ask or post any comments, I have no major issue waiting for this to be resolved as I can log in here and ask in the forum, but what about newbies who are commenting as guests on articles? they may never register due to these issues.

5. Diggman

Diggman Junior Member

Climate:
    Temperate, always cloudy, lots of rain (& slugs)
    This is getting funny, I just posted a reply here just 20 min's ago +- and now it's gone ... Pebble is right, people will leave or hesitate to join if this isn't sorted on an ASAP basis

6. NGcomm

NGcomm Junior Member

Same here but I think you also need to look at your security framework as I have 'moderator' permissions and have just authorized a couple of outstanding posts even though I am a mere "Junior" member. Considering I am also asked to relog so often and the fact the server isn't utilizing SSL certs (https) I wonder how your domain certs are set up. And please, use an English dictionary, American English is not the international version of English.

7. NGcomm

NGcomm Junior Member

OK 4th post about why the system is not working and still none working/posted. Crap on a stick when it comes to a vBulletin installation

8. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    the admin permissions thing has been like that for weeks and was notified weeks ago (multiple times).

Everytime I try and look for something or do something on the forum I notice another break. I've given up posting in the bug thread because I don't believe that admin are taking any notice of what people say here. It's very sad, because having a southern hemisphere pc forum seems important. There has been some great posts here over the years and some great community at times. I think the potential for another community to be built exists, but you have to have a functional system and the people running it have to understand what community is and how to foster it. Neither of those things exists currently.

:-(

1 person likes this.
  9. mullerjannie

mullerjannie Junior Member

The VBulletin engine is pretty robust serve forums such as Steam and EA, Steam has over a million users active during the day, granted they are not all chattering in forums I think the tech is solid as they would say. Caching a browsers might be a pain though which neither steam or EA uses as they have the engine built into their own webapps.

I have found various issues with the forums but less so with Opera even though I'm not traditionally a fan. I can't speak for Chrome. I reckon if you do have an issue with posting stuff \ logins. Throw in the name of your browser in a Contact Admin \ Include the Forum URL to highlight the TOPIC\ PATH . It might just be isolated cases and functions that doesn't work.

No one likes a kissarse but I'd rather see Geoff doing permaculture stuff.

10. dreuky

dreuky Junior Member

Obviously I'm not the only one having problems. Hope they can all get sorted out & we can get back to sharing knowledge

11. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    I've been trying to post for a while with no luck (got signed out over and over and over ...). This new forum software seems pretty solid and hopefully we're back on track!