Belated Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Lesley W, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Lesley W

Lesley W Junior Member

Hiya,

I've been a bit slow to introduce myself: partly reading and absorbing, partly wanting to wait until my purchase of 1/2 acre near Mudgee was sorted.

Well the sale's not through quite yet but I figure I want to thank many people:

1. ecodarmamark (Mark Chesterfield) who is a font for lucid planning insights and genuine care for those of us who want to move towards a permie vision of the world. He was invaluable in helping me assess the block I was considering;
    2. the rest of you who have so many years experience and stories/examples to inspire me, thanks. I see some of you think that you aren't touching on new topics .. but I'd say to you emphatically, YES you are for those of us who haven't heard it before;
    3. those who like me are fresh and keen without much experience but with hope and dedication - thank you all.

I hope you'll be patient with me when I get my land and ask 100 questions of you. I'm doing the best to educate myself including pdc in september. I promise I'll search for answers first and only ask those that haven't been asked before. I want to observe my 1/2 acre NE-SW block for 12 months before taking any action.

ps Happy first day of spring tomorrow for southern hemisphere and autumn/fall for the north.
    pps I hope to be a positive contributor to the forum, it just won't be in gardening or permie experience, but perhaps positive communication and consensus building may be the go

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Welcome Lesley W :)
    we are all learners here

3. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    Welcome Lesley - consensus building is a great contribution - "cooperation rather than competition"
    I look forward to your contributions.

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Happy Spring! (Fall / Autumn for those of you in the North)

Only 100 questions Lesley? I'm sure you can do better than that! Feel free to ask away. When I look back at some of my early questions here it reminds me of how much I have learnt from this great group of folk.

If you are into communication and consensus building we might elect you to the moderator panel....

5. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

not an idle threat; looking for candidates now
    PP?

6. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    No thanks mate - I am too unreliable and Len would hate it.

7. Lesley W

Lesley W Junior Member

@Michaelangelica @PP Thanks for your welcome.

@Eco Haha re 'only 100', you're quite right I shouldn't aim too low, especially as I'll be starting from an empty block and it's going to be 100% off grid oO. When I have time I'll check out some of your early questions :) As to the moderator comment, well ummm *mumbles and points out the window* "Oh is that a currawong?"

8. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Perfect moderator material!