Australorp/new hampshire hens for sale or swap

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by chooky, Oct 10, 2006.

1. chooky

chooky Junior Member

I have 2... maybe 3 (I have 5 all up but want to keep at least 2 as they are such good layers)

They are 16 weeks and 1 has already started laying. They have been raised free range on 5 acres. All were purchased from a comercial breeder round the corner from me... they have not been de-beaked or raised on any artificial drugs or hormones. Just layer/grower pellets, vege scraps, leftovers and whatever else they find...weeds, worms, grubs and so on.

They were vaccinated at hatching. As far as I can tell they are healthy parasite free and active. I have not used a wormer but I add garlic and they are not overcrowded or in damp conditions.

They are $12 each or I will swap them for either:

2 tame ewes

or for any of the following poultry breeds

Araucanas (rooster and hens or just hens)

silkies (rooster and hen or just hens )

any very very broody motherly hens who will deffinately brood and hatch eggs I stick under her

Orpingtons

naked necks

geese

very tame and friendly goat

any other rae or interesting breed of chook.

I may also have a number of chics avaliable for sale by summer if all goes well.

They will be mixed breeds
    (lavender)Araucana x road Island Red Bantam
    Araucana x Australorp (with a dash of new hampshire)
    ISA brown x RIR bantam
    ISA brown x Australorp/hampshire
    Australorp x new hampshire

If I get silkies or an araucana rooster soon there will also be pure and mixed breed silkies and araucanas.

I do things naturally here so cannot garauntee chics till they hatch. I will be sure to post. Chics will also be for sale or swap.

Southern Highlands NSW.

2. adamGowen

adamGowen New Member

Re: Australorp/new hampshire hens for sale or swap

Hi Chooky,

interested in some araucana x rhode island red pullets, when do u think they will be ready? I'm in Ulladulla so I could probably collect them on a Saturday if and when they're ready. Also what price did u have in mind for them?

Email me on [email protected]

cheers!

-Adam.

3. adamGowen

adamGowen New Member

Also would u be willing to send eggs instead (of the araucana x rhode island reds)

cheers Adam.

4. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Adam

Welcome to the PRI Forum.

That post by Chooky is 3-years old. You might have better luck trying the email? Or hopefully another chook fancier will see your post and respond. Good luck with your search. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Cheerio, Mark.