Australian seed exchanges

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by funkyfungus, May 7, 2005.

1. funkyfungus

funkyfungus Junior Member

https://www.seedring.org/

I started the AFSR (Australiasian free seed ring) a few years back and ran it for several years but it now been reincorporated into regional rings anfd a very much improved public interface
    I now just run the Northern NSW seedring
    there are others around autsralia (incl a brisbane one and others not posted up yet)

The concept is simple

You send in your excess garden collected seed be it medicinal herb, flower, vegetable or other
    and you draw on the seedbank by small donations of gold coin or equivalnet stamps to cover postage and packing

If its rare stuff you do your best to bulk up seed stocks
    Its all done on a voluntary basis

The catalogue is not anywhere near complete. i have added barely a scratch of what i have in stock

Till now the seedring has been mainly concerned with those involved in collection of medicinal and ritual use plants of the world
    Im expanding my offerrings particularly in the field of edible species esp. heritage vegetable varieties

some of you may find it a valuable resource and also be wuilling to assist in the growout of some of our nore critical stocks

thanks

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Do you have a South Oz branch ?
    If not can I help in getting one off the ground in any way?

Pete

3. Fee

Fee Junior Member