arthritis relief

Discussion in 'Recipes & Remedies' started by helenlee, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

I picked up a 100g pack of crushed seed from the Fiji Market at Newtown/Sydney for my cousin the other day. About $2.20, a lot cheaper than pills.
    I once harvested my own celery seed and after a few minutes rubbing the seed free of the plant it anesthetised my ( and my wife's) fingers!

2. sweetpea

sweetpea Junior Member

My husband has arthritis and research he found said glucosamine sulfate gets the best results, but you have to take enough of it, like 2 pills in the morning, 2 in the evening.

I just recently found articles on the remote Japanese village that eats lots of root vegetables, purple yams, onions, potatoes, beets, etc., and they stimulate your body to make hyaluronic acid which helps joints. Swallowing supplements apparently doesn't allow it to get into one's system, so dietary versions are more helpful. There are patches for beauty products that might allow for it to go through the skin, which absorbs way more then we ever realized.

One way to use the gin is soak raisins in Blue Sapphire (lots of juniper berries in it) and eat 9 raisins a day. Doesn't help my husband, he loves gin, but everybody is different. :)

that's wild about the celery seed, I was just about to go collect mine!

3. Michaelangelica

Yes everybody is; and the causes of inflammation and the types of arthritis are also different.

Juniper is a kidney stimulant and it helps the body get rid of uric acid, the cause of one kind of joint inflammation--usually swollen knobbly-nematode-tree-root looking joints.
    If you can't drink alcohol, you can use juniper berry essential oil. A couple of drops rubbed onto the joint (i usually add a bit of rosemary and others too). It is not cheap (about $500 a liter?), but you don't need much. It is said you should avoid it if you have kidney disease.

I'm glad you like the celery seed observation sweetpea. I was harvesting the seed for an organic seed bank. Like most Umbrella Family plants they produce stacks of seed. Celery is often a bit fiddly to grow properly with blanched stalks. I usually just got seed and some salad leaves from my celery I grew.

4. Michaelangelica

Just found a very good German research paper that showed devil's claw to be twice as effective as the NSAID, Vioxx (now banned) for pain. However it takes 4-6 weeks to fully "kick in". Of course it also had far fewer side effects than NSAIDs, that kill many thousands a year.