Arizona

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Prester John, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Prester John

Prester John Junior Member

Greetings;

I live in Phoenix, AZ and am looking to buy some property further north and establish some permaculture acreage.

Very much looking forward to the next online PDC. Please let us know when that will be!

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hello John and welcome,
    Northern Arizona is beautiful and you're sure to find some like-minded folks up that way. Keep us abreast of your progress!

3. GSFulton

GSFulton New Member

Hello John: I'm also in Phoenix and am just completing the first online PDC of 2014. Really good course and my second PDC (first was live here in town).
    I live in north Phoenix. Send me an email and maybe we can compare notes or help each other out.

George Fulton

4. Prester John

Prester John Junior Member

George, thank you for replying! Please share with me where to find these courses. My biggest challenge is to find appropriate land, of course. I hope we can get together to talk sometime. Again, thanks for responding! My email address is [email protected].

5. GSFulton

GSFulton New Member

Hi John:

Where are you located in Phoenix? The Permaculture design course I went through here was in Mesa taught by one of the cofounders of the Valley Permaculture Alliance, Don Titmus. His course is pretty affordable ($700 ish?) and is starting real soon so get your name and your money in soon. It's Four directions permaculture and the link is: https://www.4dirs.com/fdpc/index.htm. Don's a good guy and lives the life like nobody else I know. I just finished the Lawton online PDC and I know they are filming new stuff for the next one. It's more than the four directions course and I'd say they are both worthwhile things to do.

I just looked and the early registration deadline is tomorrow for the 4 directions course and you get $100 off if you sign up by then. Don also has a payment plan so you pay a payment what amounts to every session. Makes it a lot easier. I'd recommend doing that course because there's really nothing like doing it in person. You meet some really great people in that experience. Good luck. Tell Don I sent you.

George Fulton