April Gardening courses - Sunshine Coast QLD

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by bazman, Mar 22, 2006.

1. bazman

bazman Junior Member

Hi All

I just got an e-mail from Jade Woodhouse my Green Guru and she is holding a couple of courses in April, if you live anywhere close to this area I would highly recommend attending them, her passion and knowledge is amazing and she has a great hands on way of teaching.

The trip to Jades old Eudlo property is worth the trip alone, PM if you want more details and i'll e-mail you costs and contact info etc...

Jade Woodhouse’s Wholearth
    ORGANIC Gardening Courses

ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDENING AND GROWING

GROW YOUR OWN –
    HOMEGROWN IN YOUR GARDEN
    IS BEST!
    ~ Minimise your impact on the environment by supplying
    your own food at home
    ~ Be assured that your food is genuinely ORGANIC
    ~ Food security – know where your food is coming from
    ~ Ensure a constant supply of fresh food
    ~ Be in control of eating nutritious food, full of
    vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and life force.

YOUR FOOD WILL BE: clean, organic, healthy, nutritious, fresh from the garden to the kitchen and taste incredible. You will be able to eat in season. You will have a variety of foods not available in shops. Grow all your food or just grow to supplement your diet.

FRIDAY APRIL 28
    9AM – 5PM
    AN ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN
    FROM SCRATCH
    COURSE INCLUDES: finding an optimum location, design, growing ideas for all conditions, preventing insects and diseases, starting out methods, what to plant first, how to plant, material/tools needed.
    &
    ORGANIC VEGIE GROWING
    FROM SEED TO HARVEST
    Grow your own to provide one of life’s essentials…FOOD!
    COURSE INCLUDES: seed raising, seedlings, transplanting; what, when and how to plant; and uncommon plants… (continued Saturday)

SATURDAY APRIL 29
    9AM – 5PM

ORGANIC VEGIE GROWING
    FROM SEED TO HARVEST
    (continued from Friday)
    COURSE INCLUDES: Soil growing, soil conditioners, supplements and their application, mulching, watering, pest/disease control, support planting, biodiversity, crop rotation and green manures. Everything you need to know about gardening and growing food with Nature.

YOU WILL LEARN TO: be more organised, use less energy, have more time and find gardening easier. It is ‘produce with pleasure’. Vegetable gardening is gardening with a purpose and when we use an organic approach it is also enhancing our natural environment. You will be a successful gardener and have fewer problems in the garden.

~ This is affordable gardening ~

FRIDAY’S AND SATURDAY’S COURSES ARE ABOUT GARDENING AND GROWING
    The courses are suitable for everyone – from raw beginners (please don’t be embarrassed, if you haven’t been told and shown you just don’t know) right through to the ‘been gardening for years’ category (even I don’t know it all and am still willing to learn more). I’m sure I can offer you help and information that will be truly valuable to you.

SUNDAY APRIL 30
    9AM – 5PM

ADD LIFE TO YOUR SOIL
    GROW YOUR SOIL!
    The answer to many problems of plant growth lies in the soil, as does the answer to many problems in ourselves. Healthy soil = healthy planet. Healthy soil = healthy plants and healthy people. Recycle waste materials in clean, tidy systems. Produce humus with no horrible smells or pest problems. Make your own Earth-friendly soil conditioners using your own and other’s waste. Learn to make a high-quality, rich, diverse humus in both compost systems and worm farms. The soil needs humus/carbon, not undecomposed compost or raw manure. Making humus - what the Earth needs - is satisfying and rewarding.
    YOUR SOIL WILL BE: dark, rich, alive and full of the correct nutrients. You will be letting the soil workers do your work when you add your humus to the garden.

BACKYARD/SMALL SCALE
    WORM FARMING
    COURSE INCLUDES: which earthworms and how many? housing, location, temperature, watering, feeding methods, food sources, supplementary feeding, aerating, solid and liquid castings, worm behaviour, predators and pests, storage and use of castings.

COMPOST TO MAKE HUMUS
    ~ the end of product of successful compost making ~
    HUMUS – the essence of soil fertility
    COURSE INCLUDES: why compost?, benefits, methods, location, materials, the art of making humus, activators, minerals, how to use it, when and how much.
    MAKE YOUR OWN BEAUTIFUL SOIL CONDITIONERS

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, MORE COURSES OR TO PURCHASE JADE’S BOOKS - VISIT
    https://www.simplynaturalorganic.com

2. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

April courses on the sunny coast

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who attended Jade's courses in April, we had lots of fun and learnt heaps - it was a packed three days! (I'm the person who bought her property at Eudlo and hosted the courses and I am also a student of hers)

Jade will be coming back to the Sunshine Coast for the Nambour Home & Garden Show in early July 2006. The display there this year is going to be huge with lots of organic and permaculture things to see, do and learn about.

Jade MAY also be holding another course soon after the Nambour H&G show, so if you are interested, please let me know - [email protected] and I'll keep you posted on details.

Cheers,

:wink: