Animal Rights, would you give them at least a quick death, or is that something else

Discussion in 'General chat' started by kimbo.parker, Jun 7, 2014.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

Culture Alert:

Before you go rushing into this - pause - this is likely an afront to some cultures - if you take offence, you've stolen it...i've had this vid hidden away in my little corner of this place for a long time,,,,
    and I'm bringing it out to the front because of the Animal Rights issues I am passionate about.

If you want to know more - "Earthlings" is available in full online for free now - google it - it is the most violent video you'd ever see - it is real life and just the sort of thing that can take hold of your ignorance and shake it till you have no where to hide.

[video=youtube;SReDcW0fokE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SReDcW0fokE[/video]

2. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Welcome to the Animal Rights community kimbo. :) I will admit that I am a coward and could not see my way through Earthlings. My 21 yr old son forced himself to watch it in full and cried for most of it. Right now of the five of us that I call our family, four are somewhere between vegetarian and vegan. My oldest son is still a meat eater but is living with me therefore he is vego by default. I can already see that it is only a matter of time before he becomes vegetarian of his own accord. One of the most shocking things I have seen is a sequence on chicken 'production' from 'Samsara'. When the machine comes along sucking up chicks I felt that revulsion, shame and horror and profound sadness...don't know a word to describe it really. https://vimeo.com/73234721

3. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

Davids coming

mouse (baby) so good to hear from you! -

yes, the animal rights movement, ,,,

funny how stuff pans - it gives me positive reasons to be me - i feel 'in place' now - there was not much demand for a confrontational prick in my previous life, when permaculture became a mainstream gardening thing i was lost, sans purpose, and it just took years of floundering about redundant and lost....yeah, lots of whinging and whining to, I know.

i'm not much good at anything but being a prick you see, it is my speciality....and it had no utility....until some months back when i emerged from bulk pain and profound loss to find purpose.

i had been a Singer convert but i had not 'come out', not even to myself.
    then my animal totems picked me up off the rocks of despair and said - " snap out of the fugue arsehole and do some good"

it was crazy and weird and ( shudder ) ordained - bang bang bang - the Speciesism DVD, then Earthlings DVD, then Peaceable Kingdom DVD, then The Cove DVD, then Forks over Knives DVD....

by that time i had a fire going you know, and it was just so tempting to keep chucking fuel on it - so I did

I bought a book "Striking at the Roots" by Mark Hawthorne....how to be an effective activist for animal rights.

then I became a paid up member of PETA, Animals Aust, The Animal Justice Party, Voiceless, Choose Cruelty Free,,,,
    and then close to my bit of the Desert, a local government decided to develop factory farming precincts,,,and I had to be diplomatic, I had to write letters and not call anyone a cunt...

I was out of my comfort zone, winging it but without choices of retreat - I had to deliver, I had to succeed and I had to put my arse on the line....

It was stressing me i can tell ya,,,,

what happened next was manna from heaven; this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNED7GJLY7I

i have a new hero Philip Wollen, this is the most inspiring person i've ever met,,,ever!

i've been inspired before - Mollison took me to great heights, Singer also....but Wollen is the man....

Pak baby - put down the elk and dig this debate, linked above.

_______________so i'm back prowling this forum ( Antartica was nice ) and you know, seeing if i can't get in some heads.

speaking of heads, dam it i can piss clean...6 months sans tobacco and 8 months sans pot....i might dabble in the odd 3g of Pot Pouri (not for human consumption and only available at certain adult shops), but i needed to piss clean to get my stint as a cook in the cold, so one does what every other pour bastard inflicted with random drug tests must do - adapt....

but i digress,,,,i'm straight...i'm focussed...and i have factory farming and live ex in my sites....i have a mission and charlie is not going to get any stronger whilst i decline in some saigon sewer ( apocalypse now )

i have a mission - and if i should fall - it's ok, cause i went down fighting.

[ to all of those thinking "there's no way this guy is straight",,,,you're wrong ] prolly why i avoid being straight,,,antartica was nice,,,didn't see sea shepherd though and that was a disappointment.

catching up with you guys is cool - bent, but cool.

got my new signature sorted as well - how much does google translator suck eh?

cia
    K

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I"m still getting use to the idea that this is the same Kimbo as the one that once butchered a sheep on the road sideā€¦. Nice to see that even old leopards can change spots.

Am I reading right - you are trying get work as a cook in Antarctica? DUDE! That's seriously awesome - I wanna drop in for scones and tea if you do.