Advice on weed control

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Jet, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Jet

Jet Junior Member

My family and friends already think I'm a little unstable with the whole organic thing imagine if I started asking them to pee in a bucket! They'd have me commited. :shock:

I had an idea, I can pen the pig in a movable/portable pen she can eat, plow, dig, wallow all those things pigs do best. Once she is finished I will eat her, sow sunflowers in the plowed ground for the chickens who will in turn give me beautiful fresh eggs and if the don't I will eat them. It's all me, me, me!!!!!!

2. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hey Mr FRosty that sounds great
    I was camping lasst year .Was by myself just unpacked my gear pitched my tent ,just sat down for a cuppa,lit my fag etc (still smoking then) i casually looked accrosss from me thinking gee thats nice, then,mmm thats a beutiful looking, nice shiny black,green,y yellow under belly, hinking this looks so pretty, omg panic %%%% its a snake ,its lying in autum sun just 10 foot away. %%%%% what do i do, i tossed stick at it with out thinking luckily it slowly turned around and slithered back into its hidy spot.Was hoping it go a long way away but no luck $$$$$ what do i do .I was scared now i quickly did my tent zips up and closed ute doors etc,and waited mean while, nature was calling too many coffees i needed a wee.Something hit me i musta remembered something id watched over the yearts about animals weeing to spread their scent around to detere other animals.I had 2 choices wee everywhere over next 2 days or pack and go home there and then,id justy spent 2 hours and 200 kls getting there wasnt in mood to leave so soon.so i proceeded to spread my snake juice every where i could, including the outside of my tent, in the hope(desperation)of not ending my camping or my life..Fortunatly i never saw hide or hair of another snake, but the deed had been done, i was looking everywhere on ground from then onward, it sort of buggered my weekend after that.

So yes mr frosty i think we both got that right about a wee a day, keeps the snakes and foxes away.........
    Mustbe natures way of telling unwanteds to PISS off

Tezza

3. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

:lol: :lol: I can just imagine you running about peeing at every corner of your camp Tezza! All you had to do was stand still - a snake's eye sight is not so good - they only chase moving things :wink:

I like Mr Frosty's idea too - my Glenn will be instructed to not only piddle on the compost heap and the lemon tree but also around the chook run :D

He will have to keep his liquids up :oops:

Cheers,
    Fran.

4. frosty

frosty Junior Member

roflmao tezza :lol: :lol:

5. teela

teela Junior Member

weed spray

Frosty.... I think you were thinking more along the lines of "Spray Seed" rather than Glysophate. They are both weed killer but a totally different mix of chemicals.

6. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

7. barely run

barely run Junior Member

:roll: Visitors this w/e so will put the pee bucket out Monday...I really worry about the foxes getting my chooks...only have them a few weeks but they are soooo cute.
    The urine does make sense and apart from the smell urine from a well person is very clean.
    Happy Peeing
    Cathy

8. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Isn't urine also a good fertiliser? When does a fertilizer become a weed killer? I guess when you put enough of it on. I have had some areas in my garden which are designated male toilet areas, I've noticed that it can depend on the plant species as to whether they will suffer from urine.. It was a mission for a while to try and kill a small cocos palm, but death by urine was just not going to work on it, even after months of working at it.
    Grass dies fairly well with large quantities over an extended period of time..

9. ~Tullymoor~

Hi Joel,
    I've heard 6 water to 1 fresh urine as a fertiliser and stale , neat urine as a weedkiller.
    Obviously your palm likes it neat and fresh lol

10. Steve J.

Steve J. Junior Member

Urine is also a very good natural fungicide. (piss on your own feet next time you get tinea).

Steve

11. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Very good for tinea, and prevention of... Tip... Piss onyour feet before a shower... Not after :)

12. ~Tullymoor~

Oh I just know you learnt that by accident Steevie Weevie :lol:

13. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

But does it only work on your own feet, or will your urine work on other peoples feet....? :D What me a bit sick? never :D

14. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I did a vision quest thingy a few years back us 3 for 3 days by a great river ,...One was a health nut at this time, he was drinking his own urine and eating frui, and drinking his pee all weekend If his bladder was empty it would be water with a fuit squashed into it .His body was all trim taught n tereriffic not an excsess drop of fat anywhere,NO i just stuck to a non traitional vision quest Coffees..

Tezza

Hoping no one comes up with a sore throut gargle/mouthwash

15. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Who's read Jean Auel's 'Earth Children' series, ie 'Clan of the Cave Bear'?

Ayla uses urine which has been left out in the sun, to bleach the hides. I think she also used it to highlight her hair.

Did anyone pick up on this when reading the books?

Tam

16. frosty

frosty Junior Member

Re: weed spray

definately not

spray seed is more toxic than glyphospate but dont be fooled that glyphospate is safe

there is a lot of misinformation arround abour Roundup and in fact monsanto have been sued in the US for claiming it was safe :evil:

back to urine :oops:

we use it diluted 50/50 as fertiliser - but that is drained from the composting toilet tank
    8)
    frosty

17. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

About pee... I guess pissing on someone elses feet would be fine as long as you asked :)

From memory (survival course) Drinking urine is only good about 2-3 time round... After that,, it becomes a little toxic.. I mean this in a sense that you have no other fluid come in other than urine.. That god there was no prac lesson on that..

18. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Off topic slightly...

I was a live in nanny for two GPs and their two little girls in my early 20s. These two doctors went to a seminar that advocated the drinking of the first pee every morning as well as the benefits of eating your own faeces... :scratch:

Neither of them took up the practice...I think :shock:

19. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I thought youd hve to be off your faeces to try those two together

Tezza :lol: 8) 8)

20. Steve J.

Steve J. Junior Member

Tully,

....and I leave the seat up "by accident" :twisted: but for the record I am an excellent shot (and I can write my name in the sand).

Granted though, that someone (not I) learnt it by accident, how they made the connection betwen pissed on feet and tinea I will never know.

Would trace hormone in female urine (from the pill) be problematic?? Oceanographers are saying that fish in the inshore ocean have traceable quantities from sewerage outfalls.

Steve