Advice about what courses to do

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by bazman, Nov 1, 2005.

1. bazman

bazman Junior Member

Hi All

I have been toying with the idea of doing a formal 2 week course in Permaculture design, I would like to try and do a course which is close by so I don't have to travel via plane or across states lines. (i'm north of Brisbane)

I have found this one which looks like it covers a lot of the basics. this is also a good time frame for me as my work slows down over this time.
    https://www.ecologicalsolutions.com.au/c ... p?crsid=21
    Jan 9 - 19 2006

I also called seed international but the course is towards the end of next year (September - October 2006)
    https://www.seedinternational.com.au/PDC.html

Has anyone been to the ecological solutions course or have any advice on the subject?

Regards

Baz

2. forest

forest Junior Member

No direct experience, Baz but my son has a degree in Environmental Science and he did one of the courses there. He said it was very professional and thorough.

I'm pretty sure the courses are held in high regard.

3. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member

I'm going to start a PDC in the next couple of weeks, by correspondence. I know I'm missing out doing it this way and not doing a residential course...but various factors make this the best option for me.

I've organised to spend four, one week blocks working with a family near Noosa. They have a certified organic farm. Found them through WWOOF. So am looking forward to my working (holiday) down at Noosa learning as much as I can. Will do that Feb - Jun 06.

Am looking forward to it all!

:)