Advanced Permaculture Principles & Reading Landscapes course with David Holmgren

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Holmgren Design Services, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Holmgren Design Services

Holmgren Design Services Junior Member

2 day Advanced Permaculture Principles and Reading Landscapes course with David Holmgren
    Hepburn, 30 November - 1 December 2011

On this two day Advanced course you will experience an in-depth exploration of the permaculture ethics and principles as articulated by David Holmgren, direct from the source. On home territory, David will point out interesting features of the local area and provide an opportunity to expand your observation and landscape reading skills. He will give a complete tour of his property, Melliodora, where you will be able to identify the principles in practice. David will explain some of the history of the property since he first started to develop it in 1985, showing the design and its evolution over time as a dynamic property, and he will explain some of the work done in the surrounding public land as well. Skill up and increase the depth of your knowledge of these foundational elements of permaculture design.

See more information on our website at www.holmgren.com.au. Email us on [email protected] or call 5348 3636 to register your interest.

This course is being held on request as part of a Planetary Permaculture Pilgrimage, organised by Delvin Solkinson and Tamara Griffiths. See more details about this via the links on our website as well.

2. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    Wow - I am interested for sure.

3. macey

macey Junior Member

Looks like it could be a busy Permaculture month for me!
    I'd love to do this course it sounds fantastic, I'm already booked into the teacher training at Zaytuna at he beginning of Nov and I'm hopefully still able to help out on Rick and Naomi Coleman's PDC at Southern Cross Permaculture Institute that month as well!

4. matto

matto Junior Member

Looks like your new career is on track there Macey. Great work.
    Couldn't recommend a couple of days at Melliodora enough. Would love the opportunity to delve into the principles more.

5. macey

macey Junior Member

Thanks Matto,
    Permaculture opportunities do seem to be presenting themselves to me currently!!
    I attended a meditation school to book a course the other day and discovered permaculture project in the form of a multiple mandala system out the back aimed at feeding the 30 plus community that lives and works there. It is being managed pretty much by a single person currently who was really happy for me to become involved and help develop and expand the system there to increase it's productivity and advise on improving the use of permaculture principles in this development. There may well be opportunities to run workshops and demonstrations there in the future as well!

@ Mark it would be great to meet you face to face if you do attend this course!
    Also I have no doubt you would be just the person to give me some pointers on improving the above mandala project to better meet the needs of this community!

6. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    I'd love to go Macey - it seems we have too much going on here but i will revisit closer to the time as it would be great for me I reckon. Good luck with the mandala - I would love to see it too.

7. macey

macey Junior Member

Cool,
    I've reserved a place on the course!

8. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
  9. macey

macey Junior Member

excellent ..... look forward to meeting you Mark!