Advanced Permaculture Design course with David Holmgren

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Fern O., May 14, 2007.

1. Fern O.

Fern O. Junior Member

Advanced Permaculture Design Principles Workshop
    With David Holmgren & Su Dennett
    October 26th to 28th 2007
    Venue: Apollo Bay Youth Club, 21 Moore St, Apollo Bay, Victoria, Australia

In this intensive course, David Holmgren, co-originator of the Permaculture concept (with Bill Mollison in 1970's) provides an insight into permaculture as a set of design principles for reshaping how we manage land, our lives and our livelihoods in an world of energy descent.

Using a combination of free flowing lectures, visual presentations, case studies of his own work, structured group discussions, observation and design exercises, David Holmgren breathes life into the design principles which link the diversity of permaculture solutions. This 3 day format allows participants to gain experience in using the design principles in a small group site design exercise.

For PDC graduates wanting to expand and redesign their permaculture toolkit for new conditions and challenges, this course provides an update on the ongoing evolution of these permaculture principles and their applications.

For those new to permaculture but with a grounding in sustainability concepts and strategies, this course provides access to foundational understandings necessary to make sense of permaculture strategies and priorities.

Book in Early as Places are Limited.
    Cost: $360 full $270 conc.
    [Barter positions available. Please apply]

For more information, contact:
    Fern Rainbow
    Sustainable Culture Network
    Mob: 0425 710 380
    [email protected]

2. Fern O.

Fern O. Junior Member

***If you want to do this workshop, make sure that you book in straight away, as it's going to book out***

The Advanced Permaculture Principles workshop with David Holmgren and Su Dennett will be held from 9am Friday Oct 26th to 5pm Sunday Oct 28th.

Please note that the early bird price (same as concession, ended last month).

There are still some barter (and partial barter) positions available, but you need to contact me and confirm this week.

Barter positions are providing lunch, dinner or morning & afternoon tea (for 37 to 38 people).
    You can do this in a group or by yourself. Eg. One person= one lunch or morning & afternoon tea. Three people working together = help out with three lunches or morning & afternoon teas
    Accommodation is by own arrangement, but I will be asking the community and local permaculture group members if they can billet the fantastic permaculture practitioners that have booked into do this course, but I'm never sure how open and generous the local community and members will be.

3. hoss sense

hoss sense Junior Member

Fab, wish I could be there, new to this discourse of agriculture ha ha, howdy David, so it's all happening, from something that ryhmes with planet, der, ..plant dem things and my best hunting dog Fern (Salukixgreyhound, pretty as, obediant as )just got killed by a spiky, straight thru ribs while on a roo, so who's Fern Rainbow, nice, is that a hunting bitch, top order, gay or wot old mate???!!! who cares, nice...ha ha, still have Brack (Brack and Fern, got it, yah, he's mega ugly but, lazy but, top hound, was the gun dog now has to rouse, it takes time, hard, life is hard at times,)luv :lol: 8) :shock: to catch up anyway

4. Fern O.

Fern O. Junior Member

Howdy Hoss Sense!

I didn't really understand your post... sorry....
    Fern Rainbow is my (legal and given) name!!
    And no, I'm not gay...
    bit rude to call me a hunting bitch when I've never met you! :lol:
    top order??? sorry, not familiar with those terms...

Is Hoss Sense not your real name?
    Geoff Lawton does likes people to use their real names on his PRI forum.

Grow well
    love
    Fern