A young Soil Scientist want to become permaculturist

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Adeel, May 2, 2015.

1. Adeel

Adeel New Member

Hello..i'm Adeel from Pakistan and i did my graduation in Soil and Environmental science.i wanna change my Career from Soil science to permaculture because a Soil Scientist we always work on Conventional Agriculture(most of time) Thats why our soil and environment is degraded day by day. But problem is that here in Pakistan no one Know about about Permaculture even Our most of Teachers don't know ..What is Permaculture? If anyone on this forum from Pakistan work on Permaculture ..Please contact with me i'm very thankful to you..
    I'm also seeking for Scholarship related to Permaculture..If any one have info about it Please share with me..

2. DC Brown

DC Brown Junior Member

Hi Adeel

I am very pleased to meet you. i am a soil microbiologist and ecologist, also turning to permaculture. I cannot help you with your enquiry but wish to encourage your efforts to bring Permaculture to Pakistan. I first learnt of permaculture some years back but went and got a formal education to help me understand it all. I'm glad I did. Today, like you, I wonder where and how my research abilities might help the permaculture community. I am not absolutely sure, but I will find a way.

I wish you all the best in your journey. And may our paths cross some day.

Dean.

3. Adeel

Adeel New Member

Thanks for your appreciation :)

4. tinyallotment

tinyallotment Junior Member

I think both of you are in the perfect position to help bring Permaculture to mainstream farming. Maybe it is better to just start introducing Permaculture principles to them instead of the whole Permaculture thing.

I think Permaculture has suffered in the past as a beardy weirdy hippy thing and that frightens a lot of people. Coming at it from a science perspective might convince more people. I am slowly introducing permaculture to people by showing them they can grow things using a lot less work etc.

Permaculture need to be taught more as a science and less as a load of people covering themselves in mud and dancing around the herb spiral

Paul