A Permaculture Blank Slate - 142 acres outside Greenwood BC - spring/summer 2012

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Meike, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Meike

Meike New Member

We are a not entirely sure where to start with this but we are hoping that some of you reading this will have some ideas and maybe want to check it out (perhaps even lend a hand). Basically what we have is a blank slate. A beautiful 142 acre property off of Jewel Lake road. Previously logged, there are lots of clearings that would be ideal for some type of agriculture. There are several challenges, with the property (elevation of 3500') but also several awesome aspects. most of the property is south-facing. There is great soil in several areas. A creek runs through the property which we have water rights to for domestic and irrigation. The property is sloped, to various grades throughout, so a inspiration to us and a way we are hoping to (at least in part) develop the property would be akin to Sepp Holzer's farm in the Austrian Alps. Anyway, we look forward to hearing your responses and ideas.
    Cheers and Happy New Year
    Meike and Oliver Glaser

2. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

1st step I always learned was to observe for at least the first year. I know it is hard, I know you want to dive into doing everything, but it is more then worth it.

If you have your own creek, look into the trompe power thread.

Lastly, have a happy healthy new year, and grats to you and your family.

3. nangkita

nangkita Junior Member

wish i was there

that all sounds amazing. i wish i was any where near there.