2nd year visa forms for wwoofers/volunteers

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by LeeWilde, Jan 4, 2015.

1. LeeWilde

LeeWilde Junior Member

I'm keen to start hosting Helpers this year (from Helpx) to kickstart the goals I have for this property (which are hard to accomplish when I have a baby in one arm most of the time), and a couple of people have asked me whether I can sign the 2nd year visa forms. I assumed that I couldn't, being non-commercial, but from all the reading I have been doing on it the past few days it seems to me that I CAN actually sign off on work, as long as:
    volunteers are doing "specified work" (plant propagation, crop maintenance etc.... instead of cooking and cleaning, for instance)
    volunteers work fulltime, 35-40 hours a week (which seems a LOT to me for no money, but maybe if I taught as much permaculture as I could it would be worth it?)
    in a "specified postcode" (which I am)

Does anyone here have experience with the 2nd year visa forms? Am I missing something? Is it truly as simple as it sounds and I can indeed accept people working for their second year visa?
    (If I am a non commercial operation and dont have an ABN, then their forms will have to be mailed in instead of lodged online but that is the only tricky part I have found so far)

looking for confirmation on this before I start telling potential helpers, "sure, I can sign off on that!"

any help/advice/validation please?

2. aroideana

aroideana Junior Member

Depends on your postcode ,