2 New Permies in town

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by MFox, Jan 19, 2011.

1. PennyWA

PennyWA Junior Member

Thanks for the info sunburn will try it when I have photos

2. MFox

MFox Junior Member

The volunteers and members were about over half Israelis. A lot of American, Australian and British people in the other half. Only 150 people there all together.

3. PennyWA

PennyWA Junior Member

Are there any permies near me who would be interested in helping in the construction of the house I am building? I would appreciate suggestions and advice and would exchange labour to help others. I also have LOTS of tools including air tools(nail Gun etc.) That I am willing to take with me.

4. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

Penny can i suggest that you start a new thread and better yet introduce yourself and your situation on the intro threads. Everyone reads those.

5. MFox

MFox Junior Member

Hi Penny,
    my fiance and I are moving to Perth for a few months at the end of April, and we would love to help you! We have just returned back from living on an eco village where we recieved our PDCs, and learnt all about eco house construction, sustainable technologies, med building, composting toilets etc...
    We will be in touch.
    Good luck!
    Mishi

6. PennyWA

PennyWA Junior Member

Thanks-look forward to meeting you. I hope to do a straw bale building course and have started a PDC by correspondence but think I will do a practical one closer to home.
    Cheers

7. MFox

MFox Junior Member

yay! I'm excited about meeting you and helping you build your house, and about your future permaculture life. I strongly suggest finishing your PDC before you start building- what we did was we used the PDC as preparation for our house design, used our future house as the subject for our design project. It really prepared us. It also means that if you already have the land and have not started building yet, you can use the time while you are doing your PDC to live on the site in a temporary shelter, and observe everything- essential before you start building with any permie outlook.

8. PennyWA

PennyWA Junior Member

We have had the property for 10 years and spent a lot of time there so know what happens in different seasons. Also have the house designed by an old friend who has had experience all over the world in this type of building. We have also attended bale raising and I have done an owner builders course in preparation. I am also taking Carpentry lessons and can tile (was offered a job when a tiler saw mine) Anyway I am gaining as many skills as I can and seeking help from others in the learning journey.
    It may be a while before we can get to the walls because the harvest was so bad in the area, not enough rain. Still it is really exciting to be starting out.
    Cheers

9. MFox

MFox Junior Member

Sweet! You sound pretty sorted. We would love to help you, in any way you need it. I'll get in touch in a couple of months when we are in Perth. Good luck!
    Mish