Fruit trees for Villacastin, Spain

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by robbob, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Frank Gonzalez

Frank Gonzalez Junior Member

Yeap! Look in the section "Plantar y cuidar" I just updated it and there you can find the "First steps" to follow. You can have more in depth info in the section "Moringa info". I don't know how it is your spanish but the links get you to a selection of the most interesting sites we know about moringa, most of them in english. If you have more specific quesions, you already know what to do;-) Cheers!

2. adiantum

adiantum Junior Member

Most citrus will be marginal at winter lows of -6 to -10C, which is about what I have here in N. California (also considered a Mediterranean climate). But I'm trying mandarin oranges and Meyer lemons, protecting them in the worst frosts for the first couple of winters. Once established they should both be able to tolerate it. My other trees as of now are pistachios, olives, pomegranate, fig, chestnut, almond, apricot, nectarine, oriental persimmon, mulberry, jujube, warm-climate apples, and plum. Shrubs so far are blueberry, pineapple guava, and goji. And grapes of course! For nitrogen fixers and coppice wood I'm trying mimosa (Albizzia julibrissin), Acacia (mearnsii, decurrens, and dealbata), tagasaste and casuarina.

3. jacqueline

jacqueline Junior Member

These are about the same species of fruit trees we have or are planting, except for the citrus; maybe I'll look into that again (love citrus). Here there are Quince as well (but not my favorite except for the smell ;-)) Like to have some hazelnuts and pecan. We already have some very old walnut trees. Carob will do OK here and elderberries. I was amazed to see those. For nitrogen fixers we have some Locust family planted and also foxglove and judas tree and acacia. Also we're trying Eucalyptus snow gum....for firewood.
    And of course some black- and raspberries and also wineberries.