United Nations to Control Internet

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Roy, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Len

I'd like to continue this line of discourse with you, but unfortunately I am unable to comprehend much of what you have written above. However, there is one point in general that I would like to take this opportunity to respond to:

You seem to be under the impression that I am attacking you personally because I stated that all religious belief in general is irrational. I am sorry that my general comments have hurt personally hurt you, but I cannot detract a statement that is a fact. The Macquarie Dictionary defines 'irrational' as: 'without the faculty of, or not endowed with, reason'. Further, the Macquarie Dictionary defines 'reason' as: 'a ground or cause, as for a belief, action, fact, event, etc.'. Further still, the Macquarie Dictionary defines 'fact' as: 'something known to have happened; a truth known by actual experience or observation: [eg] scientists working with facts'. Until such time as a religious person - or any person, maybe even you? - can provide me with scientific facts as to why they believe the things that they do, then my position regarding this matter will hold firm.

The fact of the matter is, you believe that the universe was 'created' approximately 6,000 years BP. Whereas I hold the position that Earth, as a minuscule part of the universe, is in (scientifically-verifiable) fact 4.56 billion years old.

One little word, but with such a big meaning, Len: evidence. Provide me with some of it to any of the claims that you continually put forward, and I'll retract my statements and offer you a personal apology.

Cheerio, Markos

2. Dzionik

Dzionik Junior Member

Every religion involves some sort of exclusivity. These moral codes are a dead letter, is any church that holds to them? I can not believe that some believes that the Church can contribute to raising moral values​​, after thousands of years of bloodshed.
    Anyhow is only good for fun.
    [video=youtube;CqgZnvfJ9Jg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqgZnvfJ9Jg[/video]

3. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

well mark yu seemed to be lumping anyone who believes in GOD as a religion, that is not us.

but we'll let that go, as for the evolution theory that is what it is and it always changes every time it is relayed on documentaries. our history book give written history of 6k years, makes heaps more sense than we all started from moss in a medieval soup swamp hey? but i don't want to sell you anything.

dzionik what you say has nothing to do with our beliefs, the spanish inquisition was handled by the church of millions kangaroo courts of accusers and only uncorroborated evidence, where truth did not matter. and yes they did thousands of years of very cruel blood shed.

len

4. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Len

No worries. Happy to do the same.

As an aside, I hope your tanks are receiving some of this:

[​IMG]

Cheerio, Markos

5. annette

annette Junior Member

Both tanks full. :)

6. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

yep heaps should have both tanks full(45k/l total) by now and if lucky 5X200 litre drums plus all that water in the ground and gardens.

2 tornado type storm up bargara way hope no one else gets any of them a cyclone may be kinder. be interesting to see what happens when that system crosses back to water??

len

7. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

what a show!!!!

8. Dzionik

Dzionik Junior Member

You have some other GOD other church? Probably the one that has been kind to the Aborigines.
    As long as you call it GOD it's the same manipulative sh.t.

9. Roy

Roy Junior Member

The USDA has a national organic program, but violators of the rules of this program are allowed to continue doing business with basically no consequences. The meaning of the word "organic" in regards to food is being subverted. Soon it will mean nothing.

So why have an organic program with standards, if the standards don't need to be followed? This is the U.S. government (currently Obama's USDA) destroying organic agriculture. Their support of genetically modified crops only further destroys organic agriculture. Again, it makes no sense unless you consider the "conspiracies". Then the answer is clear.

Here is a good article titled, The Organic Watergate—White Paper Connecting the Dots: Corporate Influence at the USDA’s National Organic Program.
    https://www.cornucopia.org/USDA/OrganicWatergateWhitePaper.pdf

I found this article on the Cornocopia Institute's website.
    https://www.cornucopia.org/

Whoa, there goes that wild imagination again. It's all just a coincidence, right?

10. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Greed isn't a conspiracy Roy. I don't think you are talking about conspiracy here, so much as corruption. The US government is clearly quite corrupt in that it is bought and paid for - that doesn't make a conspiracy.

11. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Former Vice President Al Gore said as much last night on the Daily Show. He flat out said we no longer have the government we were supposed to thanks to special interest groups and lobbyists.

12. Dzionik

Dzionik Junior Member

It's hard not to believe in conspiracy theories when you live in one. :-(
    This is a film about the destruction of Yugoslavia, made in our favorite black comedy style.

[video=youtube;waEYQ46gH08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEYQ46gH08[/video]

13. Roy

Roy Junior Member

Uh, yes it does. And if you think that there isn't lots of corruption and conspiracies, which go hand in hand, in all other governments, think again. Look up the definition of conspiracy. No wait, I've done it for you. Quote, "2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot." "4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act." So yes, there are plenty of conspiracies in corrupt activities.
    https://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conspiracy

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy

We have been conditioned by the media to disbelieve whatever it is we hear if someone simply tacks the word conspiracy to it. In doing so we fail to investigate the matter any further for ourselves, thereby protecting the conspiracy from too many prying minds. If you pay close attention to the "conspiracies", on the other hand, you will learn a lot.

14. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Well I am very happy in my conspiracy driven world. Sorry that you aren't Roy. :(

15. Dzionik

Dzionik Junior Member

Happy?? I'm sorry to hear it from someone who thinks is permie. What happens with permaculture principles? :-( Care for people??

16. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

That's exactly why I don't go to a lot of permaculture forums. People leave out certain ethics behind permaculture, especially the most popular American one.

17. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Dzionak - I am sorry you misunderstood my post. I was being facetious.