My thoughts and opinions on Climate Change

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Earth's Internet, Nov 8, 2012.

1. annette

annette Junior Member

Hi Roy

I have been on this forum for quite a while now, and I must say those that post here are very intelligent, well read and in the most part open minded. You have espoused your concerns about global gov. agenda 21 and a host of other potential dangers that exist for all of us. I appreciate your concern that you obviously have for mankind and the perils that potentially exist for all of us. Having said that, you have planted the seeds of questioning the predominant paradiam of thought. You may be right, or not. Some seeds will grow and develop their own understanding. However, pursuing a cause that comes across as some sort of religious zeal of "spreading the word" does not further your cause in this medium.

I have investigated much of what you have espoused and find that I do not dismiss what has been said. However, I have decided that much energy can be expended on this sort of thing that does not manifest anything tangible. So what others are saying, like what are you doing, is pertinent. I for one am trying to be aware of global issues, so that I can be prepared for what may happen, but in the meantime, trying to learn as much as I can, grow food, establish connections and enjoy natures bounty.

I think Roy that until all the things you predict are going to happen, actually happen, most people are going to find it hard to believe. If you are right, those that acquiese to tyranny will find it too late when it is they who are come for. The answer really is for each and every person to have integrity and to do what is right and not to succumb to fear. Stand up for what is fair and equitable, knowing that if they don't they may be next.

Something written in 1967 or espoused by George Bush senior may not actually come to pass. The world and its politics are fluid and can change on a dime. The world is full of deceit and lies I am sure as is most of society that is focussed on money and power. But if you get in the garden there is truth. In nature there is truth.

I too wish there was more focus on environmental degradation and not just climate change (if it is true or not). I have no faith in government to right the wrongs. Lies and deceit prevail to a large extent. But the only thing you really have control over is yourself, how you conduct your life, and what you do with it. Your thoughts direct your energy and it is best to put it to a use that you and others can benefit from. The only way to lift ourselves up is to focus on the 'good' things, be aware of the potential nasties; but put our energies into things we can control.

Cheers
    Annette

2. Roy

Roy Junior Member

The only way to overcome the plans the globalists have for us is to educate more people about their plans. In a totalitarian world any pursuit can be taken from us by the government on any given day, at any moment, including our lives. Everything else becomes secondary to that fact.

Here is another piece of evidence that the world isn't as it seems. General Smedly Butler, a highly decorated marine in the U.S. military, gave a speech in 1933 titled, War is a Racket. He served for 34 years. Are you curious about what his take on war was? Well, here is part of the speech.
    https://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4377.htm

3. Earth's Internet

Earth's Internet Junior Member

That's a very big part of the problem. Climate change is never given reasons for happening by the Scientists or most Researchers. Even the Climate Change Conventions that all these countries attend in reality have NOTHING to do with ecology or environment, it's mostly arguing about each other's economies. The last things addressed is anything environmental. I haven't seen one viable solution presented other than this idiotic reduce CO2s argument which will never happen properly or honestly without cheating.

Good points here above and I actually touched on some of this today on a blog post. I referenced Salman Rushdie who this past weekend I saw interviewed on CNN. He mentioned all the angry protesting and activism, irrelevant of what the cause is for or against, whether ecology, social, political or religious. He said the world encourages you to stand up and define who you are by what you hate and are angry about. And that's true when you look around at all the various social, political, religious or environmental movemnts going on presently around the globe.

Anyway, today's post was related a bit to yesterdays: What California's San Joaquin Valley Once Was!

4. annette

annette Junior Member

I agree EI, it's crazy stuff for sure. So much hypocracy in governments in regards to global warming, oops sorry it is now climate change. Snuck that little change in there didn't they? Here we are in Australia with an ill conceived carbon price or tax , whatever, that is priced at $23 per tonne, then in a few years time will be in line with Europe which is at the moment between 2 and 3 bucks. Meanwhile, we are exporting shitloads of coal to China, approving new coal mines and just about to export uranium to India. ????? WTF?????? They are now changing what are safe radiation levels because of Fukashima??? Nothing to see here anyone. Move along........Funny that. Our carbon emissions are increasing so if they are so worried about climate change why would they not insist on reductions now? Subsidies for solar power being phased out. Opening up shale gas exploration and extraction in Queensland (about as environmentally destructive as you can get), coal seam gas everywhere, destroying aquifers and good agricultural farmland and the gas itself will be exported leaving Australians missing out on cheaper gas. and for who's benefit then? Big corps and big miners. I heard Gina Reinhart on ABC radio saying how she wished she could get african workers because she would only have to pay them $2 a day. Nice one Gina.

I see it for what it is, a missmash of policy, spun like a piece of wool, highjacked by big business and implemented by those who are beholding to lobby groups and those that contribute to the campaign chests and sold by spin doctors who are adept at manipulating language to pull that spun yarn over everyone. You know we don't have american bases in Darwin?? Yes what we have is a permanent rotating presence of American troops!!! Unbelievable. I'm over it completely. It is nonsensical. The world has gone completely insane but now they're not hiding it anymore. Fortunately I believe in karma and will leave it at that and focus on what I can do in my own little piece of the world. End of rant. Seems to be a lot of that today. :)

5. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

keep in mind this ill concieved theory of carbon and climate mumbo jumbo they are now saying that there is a huge hole in the tax collected so this tax, and TAX it is will allow them to fleece us every time we buy something, and being the type of tax it is we have no idea how much we are paying at anytime, they may claim it is $23 or something dollars a tone of CO2 but what is it over the counter more like $40 i presume. and with their mythology based scientists they'll lie and cheat when they say it is working.

i believe in other annette, just wait and see how much crazier things maybe in the future got a roman myth election ahead of us. one thing for sure the level of man's inhumanity to man is getting worse and worse. victorian dairy farmers now docking the swish off their cows man's cruelty to animals also deepens.

len

6. Earth's Internet

Earth's Internet Junior Member

[​IMG]

This doesn't really need an explanation of where the phony global climate Talks go!

7. gardenlen

very true, don't do as we do - do as we say!

low life's up top on the gravy train.

len

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

Seems more like we will convince the sheeple that there is no climate change so we can continue the rape and pillage.
    The super rich "libertarians" we are ok, we have enough money but want more ,bugger the environment, and we dont want to share or pay a fair share of taxes, let the poor believe in no climate change, so we can continue the rape and pillage.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/feb/14/funding-climate-change-denial-thinktanks-network

9. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

I expect it will be "deny, deny, deny" until it is "too late, we can't do anything, so we can continue the rape and pillage." In fact, I have seen some people claim it is "too late to do anything" because we will all be dead in about 5 years from abrupt climate change.

10. knighter

knighter Junior Member

Len

you always say, With peace and brightest of blessings,
    is that with posh people and yuppies excluded?

11. gardenlen

knighter our worship of GOD means we love all friend and foe alike, nothing short of that is accepted, but we are allowed to have opinions like all are, and we can point to human weaknesses and causes of earths current issues of which there are many. just think if all humbled them selves and we all lived as did back in the time of our roots the earth i feel would be a better place, well if nothing more than more tolerance from others and more humanity.

the greedy and powerful are winning because us wee people are divided.

so with peace and God's blessings have a good weekend at least.

12. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

The problem is we have tolerated too much and listened to the opinions of people with no ideas as much as the people who actually know.
    Put a true price on all polluting and change the economic model away from one that relies on exponential growth, that will sort out most things.

13. gardenlen

yes tolerate them is all we can do it is up to them to see their wrongs and fix them, one cannot fix bad money with good money so to speak, already it is showing that the price on carbon is not working, it is making life intolerable for the poor, and it is not adversely affecting those wealthy groups who rape and pillage.

we need to stand together and change our drive and ethics so united we may help where help is needed, focus at that level not the level of governance and power. the upper echelon has much deceit.

by the looks we will have to tolerate even more and more as those run amok. women in africa and other places no doubt being raped in front of their families by their own countrymen.

len

14. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Len

Yes it is, as this report graphically shows.

If by 'poor' you mean aged pensioners, you'll note in this report that the rise in cost of living in the last quarter remained stationary.

Cheerio, Markos

15. gardenlen

here we go again mark hey,

we live the new cost of living as do many others i have spoken to, and the carbon thing will be rubbery figures derived to cover the scam just as the false flat line cost of living is, you can live up there with your high thoughts but you know nothing by the seems of what is actually happening. they have an election win mark so they have to keep a lid on it. the masses from where we live believe none of that smoke and mirrors stuff.

i won't look at teh graph

take care mate

len

16. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Len seriously, the graph Markos has referenced is one I hadn't seen but reflects what is really happening. I read a different report just yesterday showing the same figures - it was from independent sources (nothing to do with government smoke and mirrors mate).

However I understand what you are getting at. There is no arguing that electricity prices are not causing some difficulty for a lot of people. I wouldn't necessarily be cooking last winter/spring on a rocket stove outside or switching off every powerpoint, buying a little toaster oven etc etc if that were not the case (ok I am not an eco saint yet).

Yesterday this happened; my mum told me her friend has a nephew who has started cooking on a little primus camping stove in his rental home to try and save on electricity. Also mum was alarmed because her electricity provider had sent her a $1500 bill for a quarter. My mum is alone and disabled and doesn't use $1500 worth of power. Usual bill about $400. When queried they told her they made a mistake and had charged the wrong rate for peak usage from Feb. last year! Pay it or be cut off! Fortunately for her she has just put on solar power which from now on will hopefully leave her with no bill to pay. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford solar even with government subsidies (we can't). A customer I know well came in straight from the post office and told me she had just had received her power bill and was too afraid to open it, something I hear from my customers every week and they say it not jokingly anymore but with a sombre face.
    We want to reduce fossil fuel use but I have to acknowledge what Len is saying - a lot of people on low incomes are finding it very hard.
    Regarding cost of living; I only know our experience here. In my town retail spending dropped dramatically over the last 6 - 12 months. In our local paper the council this week say they had an increase of about 30% in outstanding council rates for the last reporting period. We are struggling in our little shop. My costs for council rates, water, insurance, electricity, bank charges, rent etc all continue rising faster than I can cope with.
    The result for us is that I have implemented our own 'austerity measures' and whilst that is a good result in many ways for environmental sustainability, many others including friends and family don't have the ability due to their own circumstances to do so.
    So if the cost of living is not going up, why is finding the money for essentials (and I do mean essentials) getting harder?

17. ecodharmamark

G'day Len

I know, funny hey? I can't help it, it's the scientist in me.

I'm sure you do, and I am genuinely concerned that you are feeling the pinch. However, your life, and that of the 'many others' you speak to, is simply not representative of the vast majority, of which the ABS data I cited in the previous post is.

The figures are fact, derived from the 12-hourly reports released under legislative requirements.

I have no idea of where you think I live. But I can assure you, it's not in some lofty position of thoughtfulness. What we are discussing here, Len, it's not rocket science. The data is freely available, if only you would care to study it.

With all due respect, where you live is hardly representative of the nation as a whole.

I didn't expect that you would. Nor did I expect that you would retract your general assertions made with no basis in reality. But, I live in hope ;).

Genuinely wishing you the same, mate.

Markos

18. gardenlen

sad for the rest of us your hooked.

anyhow someone pays for the research and "who pays - wins" they can do whatever manipulating they like with figures.

of course one very remote chance if you could tell us where we may have to drive to the feel this aura bout less CO2 is it visible can we smell it? can we feel it? can we see it? photograph it? or is it simply in the mind of science.

oh the science of mythology, the same ones who told chris columbas back in about the 1400's or so that the world was flat.

anyhow the masses will suffer in silence.

put your feet up take it easy, you are on the winning team so to say.

the floors yours.

see you round.

MITH, there is no such thing as independant in this sort of stats collecting it is all done for payment or self interest gain.

len

19. ecodharmamark

G'day MITH

Horror stories abound. I hear them everyday. However, for the 'average' Australian, life has never been better in terms of personal wealth. Of course, I'm not a completely heartless (scientific) bastard. I understand, only too well, that many are doing it tough. It is for this reason why I do so much pro-bono. Having said that though, I think it is only going to get a lot worse for a lot more people in the lower deciles, and an awful (and I mean that, in the truest sense of the word) lot 'better', for a diminishing few in the top decile. Typical 'left/right' political discourse does little to alter the current status quo. This is why we need is an entirely new way of governing ourselves. And why I have advocated for this radical change for over ten years (7-plus years of which via this medium). I will continue to do it (most likely until I die) because I believe it is the right thing to do. Len might not be able to 'believe' it, but he and I have more things in common than he could ever imagine.

My thoughts go out to all the poor of the world. However, please excuse my cynicism by viewing the below juxtaposition:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who is the 'poorest'?

Markos

20. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

The reason demand for electricity is falling is because we can't afford to use it like we used to. So Len, the results about lower emissions actually support your argument to an extent. No matter how anyone wants to dress it up the name of the game is to make fossil fuel use expensive to drive down usage to curb emissions. In the meantime more sustainable methods of energy production are increasing (and this of course contributes to lower emissions too as per Markos' graph) but I am not sure how the lower economic echelons of society will access it? How do people on a disability pension or single parent pension access cheaper, more sustainable energy? Or those, like my sons, who are renting and living on traineeship wages? As more of the those who CAN make the switch to renewables do so, the pinch is going to get tighter on those at the bottom of the ladder who can't. Unless I am missing something? I would be more than happy to be very wrong! :)