hello from gadsden, sc

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by farmerd, May 29, 2012.

1. farmerd

farmerd Junior Member

hello, my name is dominic, and my wife, meghan, and i are starting a small farm in gadsden, sc. we are in the design phase, and are also working with a local architect to design a home built of natural materials found on site. currently, we're designing our perennial poly culture and clearing land for our annual vegetable/flower production area. our goal is to find a balance between ecological design/permaculture and a for-profit farm model using holistic management strategies.

2. jane k

jane k Junior Member

Welcome from Athens, GA

welcome, Dominic & Meghan, from your neighbors in Georgia! ;) Hope to get to know you online. I'm absolutely new to this, but very excited about it. Wishing you peace, love, and joy in your project!

3. farmerd

farmerd Junior Member

thanks for the well wishes and the welcome. im going to try to document our journey online as best i can to hopefully spur on some interest in the south east. in a way i feel like im about to get in WAY over my head really fast.
    dominic

4. jane k

jane k Junior Member

I understand how you feel.

I sometimes start thinking about how much there is to learn/know, but then I realize that if I go with that thinking I'll never get started. Mostly now I'm just reading permaculture books as fast as I can. Will be fully retired in August and am hoping to really start digging in then. I will start following your project. I noticed there is someone in Lexington, GA, also. Will follow them too.