People in Perth, or at least W.A.

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by earthbound, Oct 21, 2005.

1. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Josh has his open day :D :D :D :D :D

I'm gunna pop in and have a look, should be good....

Joel

2. scott

scott Junior Member

I just got off the phone from friends telling me about the open garden this week end...logged on and here's your post :)

I have all the fact sheets on Josh's garden,intended for future reference.I will do my best to get to see it in person.

Typical though,really busy weekend planned.I will have to try and squeeze it in some how..

Thanks Joel for posting the address , i didnt have it.

Cheers :D :D

3. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Bummer Id love to go see it as well but i got visiters comming here from perth bugger!!!

Tezza

4. frosty

frosty Junior Member

yes it would be interesting but with the cost of fuel we have used up our quota of trips to Perth for this month :cry:

frosty

5. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Hey Joel, I know, tell Josh you are "reporting" for The Permaculture Research Institute! (Don't forget lab coat and clipboard LOL) For the benefit of members who, for one reason or another, cannot make it to see his place you are writing an article. (Maybe Muzza will even post it as an article on the main site...????)
    DONT FORGET THE CAMERA!!!! :D
    Maybe print out the PRI logo thingy up there top left and laminate it and put it on a lanyard round your neck hehe authentication you know.

6. ~Tullymoor~

Ooooh oooooh ooooooh ooooooh and another thing!!

Take a copy of your book/dvd/cd and GIVE it to him, I have a little feeling it'll be the best 95 bucks you ever blew!!!!!

7. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Nice one Tully... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats a bwilliant idea, I'll definately take me camera, though I think I might leave the lab coat in my bottom draw (who told you I had that :oops: ).
    And I'll certainly make a little write up that goes with the piccies to let you all know about it.

What, try some blatant promotion with a person who gets him face on the idiot box fairly often......???????? :shock: Tully..... :shock: :roll: Do you really think I would stoop to such levels..? :roll: :D
    I thought that $95 bucks probably wasn't enough, I was going to slip in an even $100 inside the front cover before I gave him the book...... :lol: :lol:
    I had thought about that, and I'll be taking a copy with me... I see how things pan out... Thanks for thinking.... :D

I'll be going there tomorrow, as today I'm off to a friends farm for the day/night.

Sorry to hear most others can't make it, I'll try n get lots of snaps.

Joel

8. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Joel,

Tullymoor (D) has a good idea. This might be a good break for you. The $100 bucks might hurt your idea, tho :lol:

Next question, of the kind you are hearing more of from me, the insistent pestering kind... when are YOU going to have an open house?

A gentle nudge, a small harassment, ......

I don't know who this guy is, and he is probably doing amazing things, but so are you! You probably have as much to offer the world as he does, but he is good at self promoting.

I just watched your DVD again last night. What you have done and are doing is amazing, Joel. I am so impressed, and you are toooooo humble. If I did that, I would be standing on top of my house yelling into the wind about it, forever.... :lol:

Tomorrow is movie night with our volunteers. I bought some cheese (an extravagance to celebrate selling another solar system...), and we will be making nachos.

We will also watching some movie, like we do every week to thank the volunteers for their week worth of sweat and hardwork. This week it will hopefully be a silly and inconsequential comedy, like About a Boy, or some romantic comedy, which I need this week (watched "Hotel Rwanda" two weeks ago, and "Maria Full of Grace" yesterday, two substantial, heavy and depressing movies, and am dealing with some other heavy things that make a nice comedy attractive....) , but the volunteers (from UK, US and France) all asked me to show your movie first, so they could see what I have been talking about...("Yeah, right here will be the goat dairy, and see that nice flat space over there? that is going to be the Aquaponics ( :wav: ) area...." and "Joel Malcolm should win the Nobel Prize for Peace or Economics, or something....." as well as "We need to find some componenets for the solar system, but Joel came up with a brilliant idea of a drain back system with only ine pumpe, instead of two pumps, see? which will save a significant cost, as well as reduce the complexity of the system..." and "I loved Joels brilliant movie. His system is amazing, productive, attractive, man, what a great thing...")

Anyway, the volunteers are going to see a bit of what I think is potentially the single greatest answer to urban food production of the last 30 years.

So to me, the big question is: when is Open House at the Perth Centre for Small scale Backyard Aquaponics and Urban Food Security Research?

Your pushiest of all friends,

C

9. ~Tullymoor~

BRAVO PwCw xxxxx :love4: :love5: :love7: :love6: :love2: :love10: :prayer: :king:

The open house at Joel's will come just after Josh has watched the amazing dvd, read the book, and begs Joel to appear as a guest on Gardening Australia, ABC TV. Then he doesn't have to do ANY advertising/promoting....everyone in Oz watches Gardening Australia.
    He, Joel, will announce the Open House/Guided Tours/upcoming courses/consultancy service/website address ON the TV during the segment.....won't you Joel?????????????????????????????? For the silly souls who can't find a pen and don't write the dates/numbers/address down in time, Joel's segment will be on the Fact Sheets and in the ABC website archives!!! Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. christopher

Tullymoor (QotF, HoT, PoPP(D)) :love7: ,

I think youse and meeese needs to gang up on HIM, to convince him that he NEEDS to start teaching, training, etc about his wonderful aquaponics system :wav: . I know HE can do it, thats why WE need to do it!

So lets push, push, push..... Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel, Go Joel!

Pw Cw (NoN)

11. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Sorry Tully, it never got to happen... :( I couldn't get near him, but now I know where he lives.... :D :axe: :lol:

Man oh man you guys are persistant, :D but these things do take time you know..... :?

Big C, it's being shown on the famed movie nights..? ohhh... :oops: :lol:

And ahhh, open day at my place will be a long way off, as anyone who has been here would understand, theres a lot of work to do before that sort of thing... Starting with the front yard next week...... :D

12. christopher

Joel,

I have already posted about movie night, but will here again. It went very well. We watched the Flood and Drain and the grow bed amazingness, folllowed by Blues Brothers, which was also a hit.

Am looking forward to hearing about your first course, next month, right?

C

13. snaggs

snaggs Junior Member

Theres going to be a wine and cheese afternoon at Joels place? When? :)

Daniel.

14. ~Tullymoor~

When you go there with your 95 bucks to pick up your own personal (signed if you like) copy of Joel's amazing DVD, CDRom and book!!

15. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Joel, I'm not really good at this sort of thing, but I would've thought that you could just email the program. Peter Cundall always says to email him, and he's the boss man, isn't he?

Don't give up!

Tam

16. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

I'm not really good at this sort of thing either Tam. :? I sat watching gardening Australia last week with a pen and paper ready to write down the contact details... But allas I don't think Peter is anysort of 'boss man'.. Petes mailbag is the same contact details as the magazine, the TV show, the whole lot, and it's in Melbourne, while Peter lives in Tassie. Still I'll send it off to them anyway.... :)

I'm not giving up... My old mans started pushing me as well... :lol:

(Thanks Tully, my promotions and marketing manageress :D ) 8)