Political sacrifice of schapelle corby

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by itistimenow, Feb 15, 2012.

1. itistimenow

itistimenow Junior Member

How a government wilfully withheld vital evidence from a court of law, deceived its public, orchestrated an unprecedented media campaign, and ruthlessly deployed its organs of state against one of its own citizens.

This is a frightening but entirely true narrative; a grotesque political horror story which is still unfolding today. It exposes what happens when an individual’s human rights conflict with strategic political need. It reveals the ruthless use of a government’s organs of state, and a regime of unprecedented opinion management, against a single working class woman and her desperate family.

It presents, and demonstrates, the crushing, pre-meditated, and often brutal acts which a western government is prepared to inflict upon a helpless citizen, in pursuit of political expediency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSwZw7LvEU&feature=player_embedded

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
  3. itistimenow

Why would I want to look at such a crap site?
    As for tin-foil hats... I don't feel the need to wear one but some do... they may be crazy, or just aware that psychotronic weapons exist and are very sophisticated... they can induce mind-control, implant voices in the head, alter emotions etc.
    This person thought it serious enough to warrant a letter to the senate entitled 'Psychotronic Weapons Letter To Senate Committee'
    https://www.rense.com/political/weapons/psychotr.htm

If you want more info on these weapons I can send you LOADS more!

4. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

mmmmm,
    some 'tin foil hat' shit, or what happens to real life when a bit needs to get attention through the media...and big players like governments are involved.

i hate it that governments enact policy that obviously has no greater intent than providing products and profits to criminal organisations.
    the entire dance we do with the 'Outlaw Bikie Gangs' in Australia is evidence of this.
    if herb was not illegal, the crims would be out of the market.....just like they are for parsley.

thanks itstimenow for the heads up.

5. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    LOL Bill
    I fail to see any relevance to the board in this post and think it could well be on some forum other than PRI - please

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

Governments have a lot to answer for Julian Assange has been hung out to dry

7. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

itistimenow
    Could you please explain the relevance of this thread to Permaculture?
    Governments can and do imprison (and/or shoot) many who should not be imprisoned, so?
    Are you about to start Gardening/Permaculture Groups in all the prisons of the world?(Probably not a bad idea)

8. itistimenow

The film shows how the Australian government and Federal Police were willing to let a women rot in a Bali jail to cover up the widespread drug couriering via baggage handlers. That both the police and the government would cover this up, implies that they are somehow involved (does it not?)
    If this is true then this highlights that governments do NOT have our best interests at heart. What does this have to do with Permaculture?
    Bad governments make bad policies in regard to food, land use etc. The NZ Food Bill is a perfect example. This aims to put control of food production and seed saving in the hands of a highly regulated government body which will force people to become 'licensed' to participate in these activities that man has performed for thousands of years (without the need for 'big brother').
    This agenda is linked to the UN's Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius. Both designed to strip us of our rights, our land and our ability to grow our own food. Sounds crazy, I know, but that's what's happening.
    Check out the new doco 'Farmaggedon' about the raids that are happening on farms in the US.
    Just reminding people that our governments are not, I repeat NOT, our friends.
    Is all...

9. purecajn

purecajn Junior Member

Self Employed / Semi-retired
    Climate:
    Sub-Tropical, Zone 9
    truly this is an atrosity, but it is a topic for a diff site imo. sorry. let's keep this site as focased on permi/plant issues as possible so the gov has no reason to shut it down. it would ba a terrible loss.

10. itistimenow

Fair call... note taken :)

11. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

Original i thought she was innocent but then i realised she was just a good actor playing up to the cameras. Although i am sorry she's stuck in a foreign prison, she shouldn't have taken her drugs over to bali.

but to the appropriate of this thred for this forum, isn't htere a chat section where anything is permitted?

12. purecajn

purecajn Junior Member

Self Employed / Semi-retired
    Climate:
    Sub-Tropical, Zone 9
    Fair call. Was just an observation from the paranoid type. Was just not wanting the site to become a political vent thereby attracting undesirables with a political agenda

13. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Thanks purecajn
    This is something that gives me many sleepless nights too

14. annette

annette Junior Member

This is in response to the fear of internet censorship and the closing of sites on the internet.

We cannot allow ourselves to let Big Brother (government, corporations) censor us or tell us what we can say, write or do (if the forum owners or managers wish it then fair enough). I for one will not acquiesse to shutting up for fear of being targetted. Once you let them bully you they will keep on going. Scared to write what you think? Who are you going to allow to tell you what you can say and what you can't say? What if the government decides that permaculture is subversive? Once you let them get away with it there's no stopping them. We need to be brave and courageous. Or is it yes sir, no sir three bags full sir?

Aldous Huxley knew what he was talking about. Quote from 1984.

As soon as all the corrections which happened to be necessary in any particular number of The Times had been assembled and collated, that number would be reprinted, the original copy destroyed, and the corrected copy placed on the files in its stead. This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, sound-tracks, cartoons, photographs – to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance. Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct, nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary. In no case would it have been possible, once the deed was done, to prove that any falsification had taken place. (1.4.8)

15. Bumbu

Bumbu Junior Member

Yes, I agree, please keep this post on the forum. Permies need to be thinking ahead. The governments all around the world are slowly cracking down on anything natural and organic. It is not in the interests of their corporate donors for permaculture and organics to succeed as it is in direct competition with their synthetic products industries.

Take note of the story of this American organic milk farmer who was arrested, imprisoned and tortured for supplying raw milk
    https://www.naturalnews.com/035208_James_Stewart_torture_county_jail.html

Living in Bali, I am very concerned about the treatment of Schapelle Corby, and the lengths the Australian Government will go to cover up its involvement in her demise. Please read about her case at The Expendable Project https://www.expendable.tv/. If you think she is guilty, please read and think again.

We permies need to start thinking about how we are going to respond when our way of life becomes threatened with criminalization. Maybe there needs to be a forum on this site where we can discuss this threat?