Intention - This could be Woo Woo - but it sure is interesting

Discussion in 'General chat' started by eco4560, Feb 1, 2012.

1. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

There are people who have developed measuring instruments. Harold Burr - lecturer in neuro-physiology at Yale used a digital voltmeter to measure what he called the Life Field. Bevan Reid is an Aussie vet and medical scientist who researched etheric fields and showed that you if you added colchine to a cell culture you could kill the cells (no surprise there) but you could also induce cell death in a nearby test tube which didn't contain colchicine. He developed a device called the Polarscope to detect precancerous changes in cervical cells by measuring the change in magneto-electric forces.
    Even our good friend Steiner was into this - he used metallic salts absorbed by paper, that you then added urine (or some other liquid) to - and it forms different crystal patters that indicate the strength of the etheric field.

Don't go thinking I'm all that clever to know this stuff - I just read it in an article recently!

Strangely enough many of these people had their university funding dry up suddenly when they started trying to publish this sort of work. So it turns into a self fulfilling prophecy - you won't see 'main stream' science publications reporting on this therefore it is 'junk science', but when valid well done research is presented it is refused publication and funding.

2. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

Thank you, annette. It's kind of a shame you were never studied by scientists! But that would have been creepy. :p Some people seem to have an idea about energy, that it might be something scientifically measurable, others don't seem to want to define it. This thread seems to be about scientific research into some effects which some people might see as caused by "energy." In science, "energy" is detectable, measurable. If there is a kind of energy which is incapable of ever being detected by scientific means, then it falls outside the realm of science and is in the realm of the spiritual or metaphysical. Some people seem to think the totality of reality is measurable by science. I'm not sure myself. I have had personal experiences which seem to fall outside of what is current science, so I just don't know. Most of the experiences people have of unusual effects seem to be unreproduceable in a scientific context, that is, they can't be proven under controlled conditions, they happen spontaneously, especially when scientists aren't around! This is frustrating to those of us who are interested in learning more about these things. People have told me about their experiences of ghosts, angels, Sasquatch, dragons, fairies, telepathy, clairvoyance,magic, etc etc. But it is hard to understand their experiences from a scientific context. What exactly are they experiencing? Will science ever be able to tell us? I just don't know. :)

3. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

I don't think that's so relevant anymore in this age of the internet. Anyone can publish their findings on the internet and 1000 other scientists can replicate their results and publish their findings on the internet. So all of this knowledge and demonstrable results should be proliferating like mad, there's no reason why it shouldn't. This is how science used to be done; people who were fascinated by a subject studied it and shared their findings with fellow scientists through correspondence and meetings.

4. annette

annette Junior Member

Wow Eco I just read that stuff from your post!!! All makes sense to me. Thanks.

5. annette

annette Junior Member

Hey Ludi

I meant to add in there that my experiences started big time when I underwent what I believe to be a kundalini awakening. From my research, it is pretty well spot on with what happened to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini_syndrome

I couldn't find any "proper" scientific explanation. Trying to figure out all this stuff and get rational explanatations nearly did my head in. I gave up and just accepted whatever happens or happened is just that. It is what it is. Whatever that is. lol

6. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

I'm having trouble putting my thoughts into words, here...A lot of spiritual experiences have symptoms in common with what are now considered mental illnesses (visions, voices, messages from the spirit realm, strong emotional or physical sensations with no apparent explanation, etc). I've myself experienced several of the symptoms listed for Kundalini syndrome, but I was diagnosed as bipolar, as was my sister (with different experiences). My most significant spiritual experience can be explained away as symptoms of mental illness. That is the "rational explanation" :( The odd thing is, I can accept it as both, as symptoms accepted by the science of psychiatry as "mental illness" but interpreted by myself as "spiritual experience."

7. annette

annette Junior Member

I know quite a few people that have been diagnosed with bi-polar (an ex's daughter, workmate, ex-boyfriend to name a few) but i don't know if they had spiritual experiences. they didn't tell me anyway. however I did Reiki 1 with a girl that ended up in a mental health unit for months after a spiritual awakening brought on through the attunement in Reiki. Her senses were heightened and she experienced a lot of, shall we say, "unusual things". The medical establishment didn't have any answers and put her on medications etc. After many years she is fine and is a Reiki Master now.

I'm not a doctor or a mental health professional, but my sense is that most see esteoric experiences as "crazy'. Funny because history tells us of many people who have experienced extraordinary visions and accomplished things that science could never explain away. That's not to say that mental illness does not exist. It does. I'm just not all that comfortable with the labelling of people with this and that. It seems the pharmaceutical companies like to label particular behaviour and surprise, surprise come up with a tablet to "fix" the supposed illness.

I remember a few years ago my next door neighbour was in hospital and i went to visit her. There was a lady in a bed opposite her that was going to be released the next day. Well she was saying, "Trevor, get away from the bed. I'm not going anywhere so you may as well just go away". My neighbour and the nurses were giggling and saying this lady was nuts. having a good ol' laugh about her they were. I asked who Trevor was and apparently he was her husband that had passed away a couple of years before. The next night I went for a visit and noticed the lady was gone. I thought she had gone home as arranged. My neighbour told me that in fact, that lady passed away in her sleep that same night. So was she nuts or was her perception of other realms open? Was her husband there waiting for her?

I don't have many answers, just a healthy questioning and an acceptance of things I can't change or understand.

Many blessings and good energy to you Ludi.

8. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Perception is reality.

It's just that there are vested interests all around us trying to dictate our perception and thus our reality. The propaganda is so well orchestrated that if our perception is even a little off, we are labelled as having mental illness. All illness is mental in one way or another.

There is no coincidence that our modern western 'society' is plagued with so many new and increasingly diagnosed 'mental illnesses'. Soooo little is done for our wellness. Because like fear, sickness sells. Big time!

Be aware of your thoughts, they become words
    Be aware of your words, they become actions
    Be aware of your actions, they become habits
    Be aware of your habits, they are your destiny
    Be the creator of your own destiny.

9. Yukkuri_Kame

Yukkuri_Kame Junior Member

The best hypothesis I have heard on kundalini so far is this:

fact: within human cells there are these things called microtubules, which play a number of different functions
    fact: these microtubules zip and unzip incredibly fast as cells go through state changes, you can see them in action here, well worth a look: https://www.studiodaily.com/main/searchlist/6850.html
    fact: these microtubules take 'waste' heat from the body and transform it into coherent light (aka - laser)
    fact: these microtubules are particularly concentrated in nerve cells, especially in the long axon
    hypothesis: the microtubules are involved in intelligence, intercellular communication and possibly even interpersonal (or interspecies) communication via coherent light
    hypothesis: during kundalini awakening, due to unknown factors, microtubules, concentrated in the long axons of the spinal cord suddenly undergo a massive phase shift and line up parallel to each other, resulting in a surge of light that rushes up the spinal cord to the brain

10. Yukkuri_Kame

Lynne McTaggert wrote a book called The Intention Experiment, she has done some great journalism on some of the new science and is constantly doing her own research:

[video=youtube;mwfmOHMpCxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwfmOHMpCxE[/video]

11. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

For those that don't know... The Kudalini has been known to medicine for over 2,000 years. Information about it was handed down in Ayurveda texts, which happens to be one of, if not the first medical texts that I know of.

12. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

OOPS

It's not 2000 years old, it's over 4000 years old. It's from 2,000+ bce

13. Yukkuri_Kame

Rather than bi-polar, I prefer to call it "shamanic-depressive disorder". ;-)

Stanislav Grof is the creator of holotropic breathwork and one of first psychiatrists to get a shipment of LSD from the Sandoz company saying, 'try this with your patients'. Anyway, Stan and wife Cristina brought forward the terms 'spiritual emergence' and 'spiritual emergency' with an emphasis on discerning between psychosis and spiritual crisis. More here:

https://www.spiritualemergence.org.au/pages/emergence_psychosis.html

Mystical initiation is a process of death and rebirth. Old structures of the psyche must break down in order to for a higher order to emerge. Think of it as composting. Mental health practitioners or pastoral counselors must be able to discern between a 'malignant psychotic regression' and a 'regression in service of transcendance'.

A very good book that covers this for therapists-in-training (or just curious people) is "Integrating the Split" by Nelson https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Split-Integrating-Understanding-Philosophy/dp/079141986X

The old guard of psychiatry is locked into a simplistic and materialistic model that does not account for transpersonal consciousness. This is a huge blind spot that prevents them from observing what is right in front of them. Since prehistoric times, humans have experienced spiritual crises that brought them to the edge of insanity (or even over the edge) and then back, leaving them better people in the end. Talk to any creative genius and they are likely to have experienced more than one episode of initiatory illness.

From a systems perspective, any type of natural system goes through periods of instability and chaos leading to regeneration and new order. forest fires a prime example.

The psychiatric drive to medicate is analogous to the industrial farmers compulsion to spray. How much energy are we willing to spend to eradicate the weeds and pests of our psyche? What do our psychic weeds tell us? The forceful imposition of normalcy leads to poverty, whether it is the garden or the psyche.

Mollison:
    Certainly, there are clearly cases where anti-psychotics are necessary, but the ubiquitous use of psychiatric meds for the common colds of mental health is profit driven, rather than evidence based.

14. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

I found this baby that is a bit old now,,,but some folk are speculating on brain waves,,,,and this strikes me as odd.
    brain waves, emanations of energy from the brain>>>>this is contemporary understanding.
    there has been more on this of late.

Smile Conspiracy - CSIRO

Mind Controlled Circuits - as demonstrated on TV - years ago.

Landscape: The Inventors, or one of its ilk - prime time TV - Perth W.A.

They have boffins from the CSIRO demonstrating their new invention - Mind Controlled Circuits.

A boffin explains that a micro voltage brainwave can be 'caught' by this 'enhanced' light switch...you just "think" off or on at it.

He demonstrates; he looks at the switch,,and the light turns on. He does it again, and the light turns back off. It is easy, nothing to it he says...the Interviewer has a go,,,frowns and nothing happens.

The boffin tells him to narrow his thoughts,,,just off or on.

The Interviewer has another go and it works. He is chuffed and begins mucking about with the lights like a kid, gleefully explaining how easy it was.

The show ends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So you'd expect this to be front page on every paper in the world,,,,,,,,,nothing.

A deafening silence has followed this 'news'.....did it just slip under the collective radars.....or?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider this;

Brainwaves of micro voltage caught and directed !!!

If they can do that,,,they can amplify them as well !!

Simple narrow thoughts, caught amplified and executed........like KILL !!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

huh?, how?, shit!, flubber - I saw this show with my own eyes, I know this happened, it was not April 1st.

This could have been 10 yrs ago, the show could have been "Towards 2000",,,

so where have they taken the technology hence?

not back to the TV that is for sure.

regards,

Kimbo

Last edited by kimbo.parker; 19-12-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: love