Raw food diet and hard work... possible?

Discussion in 'Recipes & Remedies' started by itistimenow, Jan 15, 2012.

1. itistimenow

itistimenow Junior Member

Am hearing a lot about raw food diets lately but I have two questions. I am a very 'vata' personality and need grounding. Ayurveda suggests I need cooked food. I certainly feel much more grounded when I do. Can a raw food diet meet this need?
    Also, I work very hard physically in the orchards and garden and have been told that a raw food diet will not give me the calories I need. I am very slim, quite muscular but almost no fat. Once again, can a raw food diet meet my needs?
    Curious!

2. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    I think you answered your own question ;-) Or at least, why not start eating more raw food and see if it works for you and if it doesn't know that there is nothing wrong with eating cooked food.

If you don't cook your food then your body has to cook it for you and that takes energy. Some people seem good with this, others not. I don't do well on lots of raw food, and wouldn't be any good in the winter without cooked, hot food. But that's going to be different in Nimbin.

3. mollywalker60

mollywalker60 New Member

I think you need some guidance about raw food. You are boost to eat a lot raw food because your body can easily digest well prepared raw food. The raw food diet hinges on eating organic foods which are far more nutritious than the chemically produced fruits.

4. karam25

karam25 New Member

My grandma has the same body as you have described. She eats raw food on a regular basis, she's a vegan actually. She's a busy buddy and she does a lot of things so I guess there's nothing wrong with going raw food diet.

5. Excelsior Concordia

Excelsior Concordia Junior Member

Maybe it would help you ...

I use to eat raw food since this spring and I found out that it helps even when I make serious efforts.

For instance, I traveled an average of 15 km/day, for an entire week, through a mountainous region. The only not raw thing that I eat was cheese (organic) about 50g/day and butter (not salted) about 12g/day, every other day.

I was surprised that I didn't felt hungry at all during that period.

In a way, working hard in an orchard (or a garden) it's similar to what I've done since walking on rough terrain (at an average of around 2.5 km/hour) is quite demanding in many aspects.

Anyway, try it, see if your pleased and let us know about it! :handshake: