The day it all comes tumbling down

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by insipidtoast, Nov 14, 2011.

1. annette

annette Junior Member

Yep lots of sabre rattling going on but not in the mainstream media. I'm looking out for the false flag event so the Us or Israel can launch an attack against Iran. Remember the weapons of mass destruction? hmmmmmmmmm. Shame the middle east has oil. If they didn't this probably wouldn't be happening but then again the global elitists want to run the world. Study history it's all there. Create a situation and provide the solution. Sheesh even Hitler blew up the Reistag in the Weinar Republic and gained control, blamed terrorists and took over complete control. I reckon a supposed terrorist attack in the US or some protestation that Iran has done something will happen soon. It's all about power and control and us little people will be herded into supporting the war effort against some threat. As someone said, grow pumpkins, they are all insane.

2. DJ-Studd

DJ-Studd Junior Member

I don't think it is our neighbours that we have to worry about somehow! How about all of the city dwellers who have no ability to grow their own food? Sure, we could see public parks converted to farms ala Cuba, but there are laws preventing that!

https://curezone.com/upload/Members/ChazTheMeatHe/Books/Online_Documentary_Films_v7_76.pdf

Tell them to start from the top and work their way down! Amazing/Scary what is in there, I hope half of it isn't real :(

Anybody who has land and some form of resources is crazy if they don't start preparing now! A small vege plot, some chickens, a few goats, cows or sheep. Go to the markets, buy up big on grains. Better to have beans and rice to eat when SHTF than nothing at all, no? I'm hoping to start a Salatin style pastured broiler setup very soon.

Ah, but global debt has never in history been at these current levels, both personal and government. Add in to that the fact that we're using a fiat currency system with no backing to gold or silver (or any other finite resource! Digits in a computer can be as few or as many as you choose!!). People as a general rule of thumb are having trouble paying the bills right now, imagine if everybody had to settle for jobs paying 20k less as employment shrinks - they could not afford to service food, bills and debts, thus they stand the chance of losing everything. When lots of people have lost everything, do you think they're going to band together and keep their chins up high, or perhap they may get very very angry? How about people taking psychotropic medication? I'd hate to think of the hoards not getting their happy pills!!

I would debate the fact that the world is in it's 'best' shape for a lot of people. Those in third world counties would disagree. We're lucky in the first world because the banks and the false global economy channel resources to us. Lots of people willing to work, but the 'design' of the system is faulty.
    I want land to produce food, I need money, I need a loan, I need a job. If I cannot find a job, I cannot get a loan, I cannot get money and I cannot get land.

Scary stuff, isn't it!! Not the reason I got in to the concept of 'permaculture', but now I see it as critical to our survival.

Watch the early Permaculture videos or read some early Permaculture books - all forests should have disappeared by now and we should all be starving to death. I think it's happening, but the predictions have been well off course! The same goes for the global economy - it's going to happen, except in this circumstance the powers that be can simply invent new laws, devise new schemes to create more credit and simply kick the can down the road. I thought we were heading for dark times a year ago, but the system has simply kept perpetuating thanks to clever government schemes and bank debt writeoffs. I can tell you, if I had $100k in savings (which is actually just a promise of repayment, it's actually been spent on somebody elses car), which I don't, I would not be very happy at the thought of a 'debt writeoff'.

Our Prime Minister didn't do 'what she already promised to do', which was NOT to introduce a carbon tax. I don't care if you're black, white, gay, straight, climate believer or skeptic - regardless of your opinion and beliefs, she PROMISED on national television that there would in no way be a carbon tax under any government she leads. So, why should (or would) we believe any 'elected' dictator?

Any Aussies that I mention "The Constitution" to don't even realise that Australia has such a document!! What hope do we as people have? The media control has brainwashed people to the extent that they're ignorant sheep. No awaking the masses.

That's because there is too much scients emerging, which demonstrates the fact that Cannabis is a miracle plant, capable of solving many of the world's ills including cancer, soil carbon depletion, industrial material, ETC ETC!!!!!
    Quick, we must eliminate the plant before it is too late and everybody finds out the truth!!

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

4. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Junior Member

Largely irrelevant because:

As opposed to the 30s (which was worse for most developing and developed countries by almost every measure possible).

Almost universally because they mismanage their money, not because there's not enough.

I don't debate people's imagination, it's pointless and irrelevant.

If history's anything to go by (and it isn't) either reaction is equally likely. People didn't exactly tear up their governments in previous depressions universally.

I didn't realise there was a point before this people in a third world country ever had it better. I'm not saying life's amazingly perfect, and many in this thread have misinterpreted what I said as that. What I am saying is that, really, things are better. There's no noble savage, no mystic past of happiness and perfection, no pre-colonial utopias that were free from problems. None of those things existed, none of them can be capitulated on. Whatever counts as 'the third world' at a given point has always been relatively worse off (hence the title) - and things are relatively better.

I don't see why people want not to accept this. Many diseases that were deadly and now almost non-existent, many jobs that were deadly have been made safe, many famines that culled millions can be avoided, many countries that were unstable can be more easily left. There are significant problems, but more than ever they are visible and approachable.

There really isn't another side to this point - it's willful ignorance to argue that things have gotten worse/are the same. Beyond a Marxist claim that power relations derive from continual conditions of ownership, I cannot see how any historical, cultural or social analysis could, would or should argue that life now is worse than life 'then' - whenever 'then' is.

We are lucky, but the global economy is anything but fake. I'm typing on a computer made in 6-8 different places in the world, about issues that are a direct result of the global economy (for better or worse), about the conditions of people's lives correlated to economics. There's nothing unreal or fake about it.

Stop right there, this is classic logical failure. You're attributing continual causal links where the assumptions therein and completely disingenuous. Which apart from being completely wrong, is acutely academically bankrupt. This 'cycle' only exists for people who aren't creative, frugal, or smart enough to work outside of it. Trust me, there are plenty who avoid that cycle.

5. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Junior Member

LonerMatt,
    I don't know who you're talking to, but you say the person is not frugal or smart enough to work things out. What hope is there when the only chance to "get ahead" is to enforce the same system that will compromise your own future and the future of your descendants? It's a numbers game...the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. You might as well tell someone to go win the lottery. Whatever you may think about depopulation conspiracies, many of the wealthiest, most influential people of the current globalist system espouse a drastic reduction in population. https://www.infowars.com/the-move-to-depopulate-the-planet/ Any pandering about trying to become a wage slave is not going to solve the crisis humanity is facing.

As permaculturalists, we should be extremely cautious about the hijacked "green" movement." We are just the types to be manipulated into a predatory system, which uses the hopeless as its gang to attack the last generation's ideals such as property rights under the guise of "green solutions." The next holocaust is being sold to us as an environmental imperative. This time the holocaust will be on a global scale. Sadly I see permaculturists getting suckered in to supporting things like UN's agenda 21 https://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/index.html

I have to wonder how on earth a permaculturist could think that a global governing body would be interested in developing anything remotely close to a permaculture utopia world. Then I realize that some people in the green movement really do hate humans and think they should all die. As a teenager, I used to think along those lines.

6. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Junior Member

I directly expressed criticism for the false dichotomy that is espoused and compounded in your arguments. It doesn't exist and founding any world view on such a naive and narrow perspective is pretty obnoxious IMO. There are not two groups of people (rich and poor) and while there is a strong element of number games, there's also third, fourth, fifth, sixth ways of living that are simple, require no debt and people on minimum wage can and do choose. The information is out there, despite what is popular.

There are plenty of chances to 'get ahead' if 'getting ahead;' doesn't want the same stuff that creates the cycle you're criticising (which is fairly undefined I might add).

We're on a permaculture board and people are using language a hair's breadth away from 'keeping up with the Jones' for heaven's sake!

I certainly hold no faith that a global governing body that exists now is interested in permaculture, I'm not sure if that comment was directed at me, or something brought up more widely, though.

7. Finchj

Finchj Junior Member

From the infowars link: Jingoism does not equate to nationalism. Not sure why the author of that page thought she could get away with such a blatant misinterpretation...

No links to sources for any of those quotes. Plenty of standard issue Red Baiting that has been going on for a century now.

As you explore the infowars website, it becomes clear that they cherry pick quotes. When you go to their front page and read about sterilizations in India they make it sound forced. Then they have horror stories, that may or may not be true, of forced sterilization.

But when you read one of the links, it becomes apparent that sterilization is an option for couples who already have two children. If the want certain benefits, one of the two must be sterilized. Pretty harsh, but more than 200,000 have already made the decision to become sterile. Why? Because the government says it will donate 100,000 rupees (around $2,000 USD) to her daughter once she finishes school at 12. The scheme is devised to increase the number of girls in India as they are facing a demographic crisis. At the end of the linked article, they mention that there is opposition to the plan and that it may be revised.

But if you just read infowars, you get "The UN is coming to kill us all."

Same tune since the 40's. Doubt it will change either.

8. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Junior Member

I agree Alex Jones is 100% on target.
    For anyone that's new to what's going on, this short documentary explains it as if to a six year old. https://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/...-length-film-animation/_fgB2Wmi5ro53IcxfKhOGA

I also love the people that are dead set on bashing Alex Jones because it only gives him and his operation more publicity, which ultimately leads more people to that website, which accelerates the awakening.

The skeptics just keep on saying that everything's OK even though there's clearly a bullet train heading right for us.

9. Finchj

Finchj Junior Member

Bashing Jones? How about asking for an unbiased perspective? Or at least one that allows for there to be more than one "truth."

I'm not saying everything is ok. Its clearly not "ok." But that doesn't mean that there is one truth out there. Saying that there is one truth, one outcome, one set of master events is flat out disrespectful to the other people here. I'm not six years old and I don't need a documentary to tell me how the world works. Especially when it claims to have the only truth, then belittles everyone who doesn't think the same way- or worse, accuses them of being part of the conspiracy.

Alex Jones has an agenda. And that is to continue making a living off of this conspiracy. The people who write for infowars do not engage in professional journalism. Where are the links to all the sources? And if you do not have a link, then you should provide full citations. If this is so important, why not be professional? Why the red baiting? The anti-Zionism that appears an awful like anti-Semitism? (You can be anti-Zionist without accusing some Jewish bankers of running the world)

Why so many unverified claims? If this is so true, then where is the organizing? Where are the solutions? All I see is fear.

The charge of all this, that there is a conspiracy to commit a holocaust, is borderline libel. It is a disgusting accusation for anyone to make. You do understand that in order for this conspiracy to work, that millions upon millions of people have to be in on it all don't you? That there are millions of people actively engage in an ongoing purge of the human race? That somehow, in the past century, the entirety of the West, has been put under the control of a shadow government- whose master plan is to wipe out 95% of the human population and enslave the remainder- without anyone but a select few knowing about it?

You are basically saying that almost a billion educated people have been so thoroughly brain washed that the transition has been seamless and without interruption. That world events are largely orchestrated to further this agenda.

That, my friends, is the NWO conspiracy. You don't have to watch a film made for a 6 year old. The conspiracy accuses millions of people with being party to a diabolical plot to exterminate most of the human population and put the remainder into slavery.

It is a most serious accusation.

You are accusing millions of people- flawed as they may be- of being complicit in a plot to exterminate 95% of the human race led by Zionist bankers, corporate moguls, and communist fellow travelers. If you want any of us to believe that, you better bring something better than Infowars to the table.